cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email bounce back

amethyst

Email bounce back

Hi,

We are having massive issue where periodically emails will not reach us and will get bounced back to the recipient, speaking with the recipients it seems the issue is when the emails step off which ever network they are on and step on to Plusnet, I have check with blacklisting services and it seems that five out of eight mail servers that I can identify as belonging to Plusnet are currently listed on SORBS SPAM, we would appreciated it if this could be investigated and resolved ASAP.

avasout01.plus.net ok
avasout02.plus.net listed on SORBS SPAM
avasout03.plus.net listed on SORBS SPAM
avasout04.plus.net listed on SORBS SPAM
avasout05.plus.net ok
avasout06.plus.net listed on SORBS SPAM
avasout07.plus.net listed on SORBS SPAM
avasout08.plus.net ok

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Email bounce back

Those are the outgoing mail servers. You seem to be referring to problems with incoming mail to a plusnet address being bounced back to the originator , is that correct ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@MisterW This was @amethyst 's original post, which I have asked the mods to split to its own topic:

Were also having issues with random email bounces which appears to be the same issue above.Have tested sending emails to our domain with/without attachments from google, yahoo, 123 and all fine but lots of reports of bounces from anyone sending to us from office 365 accounts. Some get through, some dont.  Please advise as to when this will be resolved as it is panicing some of our customers and affecting our business.

It was in Mad_Moggies Australian topic.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@jab1  Thanks for that John. It does seem to be a problem with incoming mail to a PlusNet hosted domain. That is not the same as Mad Moggies, that was outgoing mail via relay.plus.net.

@amethyst Is the mail being sent to a <username>.plus.com address or is it to your own domain hosted by Plusnet ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Tinni

I have a similar issue with an @<username>.plus.com account where I have received paper based communication from a global oil company and a bank informing me that electronic communications to the specified account are being bounced.

The global organisation has attempted to contact PLUSNET but unsuccessfully hence the paper communication, in other words PLUSNET are not returning the calls.

I have opened three separate tickets with PLUSNET Support and am getting nowhere with this.

The only connection I have is that all the involved parties who cannot communicate with me through this account are sending from “.COM” domains.
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

if you can provide me with the senders address and a rough date and time I'll happily take a look into it for you. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager