Did you mean: 

Email autorespnd solution

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

Email autorespnd solution

Hi,
Has anyone got a simple solution to the following please - note I don't really want to spend any money!

I want to automatically reply to in-bound emails sent to different email addresses (alias) received to the same mailbox, sending a different response depending on the alias used.  For example...
Mailbox: menu@username.plus.com
Alias 1: menu.main@username.plus.com - response 1
Alias 2: menu.lunch@username.plus.com - response 2
Alias 3: menu.christmas@username.plus.com - response 3
I have MS Outlook 2007 as an IMAP client onto my mailbox.  I have setup 3 auto-reply rules - one for each alias - which will send out the required response.  HOWEVER Outlook rules wizard has (in this case) an annoying little feature in that the rules engine will only respond ONCE to a specific sender email address.
Therefore if fred@bloggs.plus.com sends and email to both menu.main@ and menu.lunch@ the rule engine will only send a reply to the first request and (within the current Outlook session) will never reply to fred@bloggs.plus.com again.
Short of setting up separate email accounts for each of these and separate client mailboxes, does anyone have any experience of auto-responder technology which will do what I'm looking for please?

Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.