Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email attachments

John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

Email attachments

Hi

I'm having issues with email attachments on my Android tablet. Emails from one domain don't have their attachments, but the ones from other sources do.  It's fine on my phone; I can open attachments fine. Is there some setting on the tablet that I may have accidentally changed?

John

7 REPLIES 7
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Email attachments

What email client are you using on both the phone and tablet John? I assume the attachments are visible in Webmail?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

Hi Bob

I'm using the generic ones that came with the devices. I haven't looked at web mail vyet. I'll try tomorrow on the lap top. 

John

John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

OK. So web mail is fine. I can pick up attachments. And I can on my phone. It's just on the tablet, and only from one source. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Do you know what email client/service is the source using to send you these attachments?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

Hi Bob

It only applies to emails sent to me from the school where I am a governor, which is especially irritating, because as you can imagine, I get a lot of emails with attachments from them.  I suspect they are using some form of Outlook with an Exchange server, but that's just a guess. 

John

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Was wondering if it was something I could look to replicate but it doesn't sound like it is. There shouldn't be any issues receiving from outlook/Exchange clients.

Perhaps it's something to do with how the files are being attached to the emails. I know Outlook allows the sending of emails in rich text format, and where this is used, attachments get embedded in the body of the message like this:

outlook.JPG

Maybe, the stock Android client on the tablet has difficulty parsing such messages?

Other than that, I'm a little out of ideas so it might be worth trying another email client.

Personal recommendations include K9 Mail (functional) and Cloudmagic (pretty).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

Very odd. I get an email from the school this morning, complete with attachment!  I haven't changed anything, and apparently neither has the school.