Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address - compromised?

Mav
Fixes: 515

Email address - compromised?

I have just received three emails from PlusNet;
One to postmaster, one to the usual email and a third to a specific email account inforning me that my new email address will be ready in 30 minutes.
Only thing is the email address is one I created many months ago. I did create a couple of new addresses over the last week or so and already received notifications about those.
Is there a problem or could this email address have been compromised? I have a strong passowrd containg letters, capitals, numbers and special characters.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Email address - compromised?

It's part of a problem fix, nothing to be concerned about. Basically we've performed some maintenance to clear the status of some mailboxes which were stuck in a "pending" status, that included yours. As a result of this you received these notifications.
Sorry if this caused some initial concern.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Email address - compromised?

I assumed that it was pobably something like that but in case not wanted to make you aware if it.
Thanks Adam.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still