cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account appears to have stopped working

Cordeux

Email account appears to have stopped working

I have a freenetname domain name which I have had for a number of years, it was transferred to madasafish and then onto Plusnet and has been pretty reliable up until Monday morning. I normally have 20 emails a day and haven’t received any since early Monday morning, I have tried to send emails to it from other accounts but they don’t arrive, anybody have an ideas about what may be causing this?

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Email account appears to have stopped working

Simple answer - you need to have your domain renewed. Hopefully, @Gandalf will spot this and get you sorted.

John
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Cordeux,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query.

I'm sorry to hear of the issue. I've had a look at your domain which is still active so it does not yet require renewal.

Pleas bear in mind you have a 1GB limit to your emails across all mailboxes, so if this limit has been reached you won't receive anything. I'd suggest having a clear out of all read or unwanted emails in all your mailboxes, and printing or downloading anything important be saved offline. If the missing emails start arriving after the clear out you'll know that the problem is fixed.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

Cordeux

Hello @LordFoul I have cleared down all the mailboxes as much as I have been made aware of this issue in the past, I have done it again and it still hasn’t made any difference
Cordeux

@LordFoul, this is the error message I get when I try to sent an email to it from another account
‘DNS Error: 2921830 DNS type 'mx' lookup of cordeux.co.uk responded with code NXDOMAIN Domain name not found: cordeux.co.uk’
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Cordeux 

From what I can see by doing a who.is check, your domain has expired last month.

I suspect my colleague may have been looking where it says the domain is 'Registered' on your account but this doesn't actually update. I've given him a heads up about this Smiley

I've raised a task to get this renewed which should be carried out within the next 24 to 48 hours. Once we've renewed your domain, you should be able to send and receive mail normally, although any mail which was sent to you while the domain had stopped working would've bounced back to the sender unfortunately.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes. Let us know how it goes over the next day or so.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cordeux

@Gandalf @LordFoul Good Afternoon, It appears that it is working properly again now, Thank you both for your  help in getting it resolved so quickly

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Cordeux 

I’m happy to see your emails are working again now. Thumbs_Up I’d recommend making a note of the new expiry date and let us know closer to that time if you’d want us to renew your domain. 

To find out, go to who.is and type your domain in. We only renew domains now on a yearly basis (I believe long ago this used to be every 3 years)

Feel free to let us know if there’s anything else you’d need help with. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet