cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email abroad

mrnewm

Email abroad

I transferred my domain name and email to Plus net because Madasafish wouldn't allow me to send emails from India,  although I can receive them. Despite all their assurances I have arrived in India and cannot send emails.  My Gmail account works perfectly. 

I cannot find a way of contacting Plusnet on the site and I want an explanation and a fix. The swap cost me a lot of money and I am very unhappy.  can anyone help? 

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Email abroad

Have you set your outgoing SMTP server to use authentication ? https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Firstly you should never post your full e mail address in a public forum; you'll get swamped with spam. Sad

Second see attached.

As you're abroad you can use CHAT to contact PN; however, to work, pop up blocked must be off, or amended to allow PN site to allow pop ups.

mrnewm

PN tod me to use IMAP and sent the settings after I told them it was to be used abroad. The IMAP setting is for authorisation. 

mrnewm

Have amended it. I'm using my tablet so no pop up control. 

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

IMAP is used for reading emails, SMTP is used for sending. Authentication is needed on the SMTP settings.

Are you using an android or apple tablet?

David