Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Performance Improvement?

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Email Performance Improvement?

My email performance has improved no end over the last several days. I use W10/Outlook/IMAP and it's generally taking only a few seconds to sync on my PC. My iPad is a bit slower (well, it IS slower of course) but still usually only taking 10-20 seconds. Good to see progress on this long-standing problem!

Is this true for everyone?

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
7 REPLIES 7
colintivy
Rising Star

Re: Email Performance Improvement?

My emails yesterday and today are also quite good. This is usual for a weekend so far. Fingers crossed for a continuation please. This is on laptop Win7, Firefox etc.,

Huh

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

I'm glad things are looking up for you. We know it's still not good enough though and the journey continues to make it better.

If you do notice any improvements or if it performs poorly again, keep letting us know so we can feedback your experiences.

Thanks for your patience

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Mayfly
All Star

My email on the server is ridiculous slow today. Also found it's been sending emails from people I regularly get emails from to the spam box for some reason.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Mayfly Sorry that the system seems to be running slow for you today, we're aware its not what it should be.

Regarding the spam, how many different email addresses/senders is this happening for? nobody else has flagged this to us yet so the more information you can give us the better.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Mayfly
All Star

I'm a Trustee for a charity and often get emails addressed to 15 different recipients. 

The original went into the spam box on Saturday followed by 8-9 replies, which I knew nothing about until I checked for another missing email from a 3rd email account addressed to 5 of those recipients but all are regular addresses.

Also noted that when I forward one those onward to my email on the pc I can't reply to any, they get rejected as spam so wonder if one of those addresses has a problem even tho' my virus protection hasn't picked anything up, had the same issue about 2 weeks ago but it sorted itself out.

Must admit I don't check the spam folder very often on PN email as it usually does a brilliant job

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It could be that the addresses are being noticed as spam, or the content the email is being picked up as spam. Does the email itself contain any attachments or links?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mayfly
All Star

A couple of links to a you tube video but received emails OK the week before containing those same links.