Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Painfully slow

Alucidnation
Rising Star

Email Painfully slow

Anyone else suffering from slow emails?

Login, loading and sending emails nearly timeout.

13 REPLIES 13
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Email Painfully slow

If you are using Webmail, then slow response seems to happen all too frequently. Plusnet say they are aware of the problem but its not on their priority list to fix

My other car isn't a Ferrari
davek
Dabbler

It's become particularly terrible today, up to 2 minutes wait for any operation, even accessing the site, and sending emails regularly timed out. It's effectively unusable - why on earth is this not a priority for Plusnet? It's not the first time it's happened, and is a very specific Webmail issue as general internet operations are still fast. Oddly enough, after a slow patch last week, for a few days around the weekend Webmail was lightning fast. Come on Plusnet, or are you trying to deter users from Webmail? And the situation is not being helped by current non-availability of on-line chat.

emh

You're lucky! Painfully slow would be an improvement, I'm getting the message "checking for new messages" which goes on for goodness knows how long, when I go back to the screen it has gone and the screen is empty. Unless this improves within days, I'm off.

Also recently been getting a "sending message failed" with no explanation when replying to inbound mail, even the shortest reply gets this 75% of the time. Utter [-Censored-] service, I was with Virgin before and would have stayed had then not tried to palm me off on TalkTalk because they wanted to concentrate on their cable/fibre customers.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I'm finding my mail client is being painfully slow to contact imap.plus.net (from both outside and inside Plusnet's network) today. Are there maybe mail server problems?

aries99
Hooked

Yes, I am finding the same. The webmail has been faster on the morning and then slow in the afternoon,for a while. But today it is a lot slower for some reason.

This must be affecting all Plusnets webmail users and should be fixed asap. Its spoils Plusnets usual good service.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

We're aware of some problems at the moment. Apologies for the hassle Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

davek
Dabbler

Improved considerably for a couple of days, but this afternoon it's reverted back to a funereal crawl.

emh

Same here and as usual the service status is "No known issues". I could tell them about a few issues. Getting tired of this, BT beckons....

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

imap.plus.net seems to have ground to a halt again.

Alucidnation
Rising Star

Seems to be ok at the moment!

davek
Dabbler

Yes, once again it seems to have speeded up over the weekend.

aries99
Hooked

Webmail is running very, very slow at the moment. Still not loading webmail after 15 minutes "Loading..."  just goes on and then nothing, timed out. This is Plusnets Snail email service not a superfast email.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.

Old thread that didn't need to be resurrected. Locked in favour of https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Problems-with-Webmail/m-p/1488179#M21513
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'