Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Only Account not yet Activated

mac51
Grafter

Email Only Account not yet Activated

Hi,

I recently asked for my account to be downgraded to email only and a task was raised on 30 June to do this. This has not yet happened, I have not received emails for 5 days now and I cannot log in because "the account is closing".

Can someone please check to see when this might be actioned?

Thanks,

John

10 REPLIES 10
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: Email Only Account not yet Activated

@Gandalf - can you apply some TLC here please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mac51
Grafter

Thanks, Townman. I realise these things won't be instant but I was told it would take a day or so at the time I arranged it.  It's now much longer and is starting to become a problem

mac51
Grafter

Still no account set up after a week. If I had been told it would take this long I would have changed my email addresses and not missed potentially important messages.

However I was told it would take a day. I wanted to keep my Plusnet domain as I was happy with the service and thought that I may well return in future, but given the response to this I will have to think again.

There has not even been a reply to my request to find out when it might be actioned.

I am extremely unhappy at the lack of professionalism in not delivering what had been promised.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mac51
Grafter

Nearly six weeks ago I asked for information about when my email only account, which I had been told would take about a day to set up, might be available. Despite being nudged twice by a Superuser, there has been no response from Plusnet.

I guess I am supposed to assume after all this time that it will never be done and just carry the consequences of the disruption caused.

I was a very positive Plusnet customer but this is a perfect way to turn anyone into someone who does not have a good word to say about the company.

Words fail me.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Request response

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your time on the phone John. I'm really sorry to see we didn't reactivate your account due to a system error and for the length of time it's taken us to pick up on your post via our community forums.

As discussed I can confirm that your account's mail only and I've renamed your default mailbox back to what you had before. You'll be able to re-add additional mailboxes by going to Manage My Mail at http://www.plus.net/email Unfortunately any mail that was sent while the mailboxes were inactive would have bounced back to the sender.

I do sincerely apologise again for the inconvenience we've caused. I've added some more detail regarding a goodwill gesture onto a support ticket via your account you can view and respond to by going Here. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to let me know by replying to that ticket and/or post back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mac51
Grafter

Thanks for calling yesterday, Anoush, and for discussing the issues. I do understand that things will go wrong occasionally but it's how they are handled at that point that leaves a lasting impression.

I have always felt that the Forum and its support team have been the strongest part of Plusnet's offering and when I have compared it with other providers it has been clearly ahead of others. I hope that this continues and wish you and Plusnet the best for the future.

Thanks also to Townman in his Superuser role for helping to flag the problem for attention.

Regards

John

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the post back John and for the kind words. I’m sorry again for the time we’ve taken to pick up your thread. Sad We aim to cover as much as our forums as possible and it’s something we’re working on achieving in a timely manner. 

I hope you’ll consider returning at some point in the future though. If there’s anything else you’d need help with, please feel free to let me know. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JuUK

@Gandalf   I am having the same issues as the above.  Have contacted the PlusNet helpline several times and they keep telling me that the email only account will be activated "in a couple of days".  In fact, on my last call, the PlusNet rep said he would text me in a few minutes to tell me when my email would be activated and confirm the password after he had spoken to his manager.  Of course, I heard nothing.  I am reaching the end of my tether having been without the email address for over a week now.  Please could you help or ask a colleague to contact me as phoning the helpline is not yielding any results? 

NB. I logged the request for an email only account well before my contract ended so I don't understand the reason for the delay.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.