cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Error Messages

Terry6

Email Error Messages

I get a series of email error messages for each main folder every time I open up email on my PC:

"t.b@[Removed].plus.com: An error occurred

[IMAP] Unable to create folder t.b@[Removed].plus.com/Sent/ on the server.

(Invalid mailbox name.)"

I get this message repeated for Drafts/Sent/Trash for both email accounts.  I have had this problem for a very long time.

Any help please?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Email Error Messages

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Have you tried deleting and readding the mailbox on your mail client?

We have guides on our website here which should help

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: Email Error Messages

Hi @Terry6,

A warm welcome to the forums.

To verify that there is noting wrong with the email file store, have you tried accessing the mailbox via the webmail client? If that come up clean then you are looking at a connectivity issue from your PC. If it shows the same problem then it’s a mail server issue.

Which email client are you using?

The implication that every time you try to use it, it seeks to recreate the key system folders is very odd. Again using webmail you can check to see if those system folders exist. Try writing an email, save it, reopen it from draft and send it, then delete if from the sent folder. That will ensure / verify that the key system folders exist. Note not all email clients are smart enough to verify that these folders already exist before seeking to create them - for example the ‘outlook lite’ mail program which ships with Win10 is particularly bad.

This is not the default mailbox - what credentials are you using to access it - mailbox@account.plus.com or account+mailbox - if not the latter, this could be the issue. Email client auto configuration will most certainly use the first.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.