Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Error 550 (Urgent!)

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Email Error 550 (Urgent!)

For several days my mail accounts have not been receiving any emails. I phoned support who told me our mail boxes were full - they are not.

Sending an email from another separate accout it returned the error:

550: Callout verification failed:
550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <> does not exist

It seems that other than holding on the phone that this is now the only way to contact PN. Could somebody please look into this as although the accounts are personal there is a need to receive financial informatin as the tax year end approaches.

TVMIA

5 REPLIES 5
Clanger42
Dabbler

Re: Email Error 550 (Urgent!)

I'm getting the same thing but in my case I understand it to be a problem with 123reg not forwarding the Emails they know the problem and are working on it.

balvack2
Grafter

This has been an issue since Thursday afternoon affecting a number of people. You can find more info and various work-rounds in this thread

email-forwarding-from-123Reg-Host-Europe

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @TeeGee, are you using domain forwarding for your email? I'm just wondering if you've been affected by what balvack2 mentioned. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Yes I do use domain forwarding which has worked fine for thre last 20 years!

Have turned off spam filter which does seem to have made a difference but not sure if all emails are coming through.

TVM

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @TeeGee, thanks for your post.

Having checked the account, I can see that my colleague @Gandalf has sent you a ticket asking for further information and you're able to access this below:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=188512105

If you do respond to the ticket please let us know here so that we can chase it up for you.