cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Archive failure

Bladerider
Hooked

Email Archive failure

I had my entire Email setup archived without prior notice on the 1st March.

I contacted customer services that morning, was informed that I had exceeded fair usage, (I was not forewarned).

I finally received a support ticket on Sunday 3rd saying that it was in process to be resolved, another call to customer services on the 6th as I still haven't had ANY of my email returned.

Another notification this morning (8th) to say it had been done - NOTHING in my folders older than when I first called.

I am trying to organise a scouting event this weekend, I have lost all of my contacts and event details.

I have an overseas trip booked in a few weeks, I have lost all of the flight details, hotel bookings, visa details.

What kind of sub-standard shoddy service is this???

It has had a massive impact on my ability to do important tasks, and I'm seriously stressed out.

Considering the fact that someone pulled the trigger on the archive, without letting me know there was an issue in the first place, I would expect some sort of effort to get it sorted out as soon as possible.

43 REPLIES 43
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Email Archive failure

@bobpullen - are you able to catch this please?

@Bladerider,

A warm welcome to the forum.  The archive of your email store and the failure to restore it is understandably inconvenient.  Are you monitoring the default email box associated with your account and  / or the contact email address on your account profile?

It takes over 3 week from your total email storage across all email addresses to exceed the FUP, before all of your email is archived.  It works like this...

1. You exceed the FUP and you receive an email giving you 7 days to address the problem
  2. If after those 7 days you are still above the FUP, you get a reminder and another 7 days to address the problem
  3. If after those 7 days you are still above the FUP, you get a further reminder and another 7 days to address the problem
  4. If after those 7 days you are still above the FUP, the mail box just gets archived and you get an email advising you of that

You can also see the service tickets for each of those events by clicking the PN Tickets link below - you'll be prompted to logon to the portal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bladerider
Hooked

@Townman,

Thanks for getting back to me, I see the notifications in the PN list, but for some reason, I haven't recieved them to my email account.
I had no idea there was an issue until it was all removed.
I only recieve mail from the sub inbox account with my Christian name attached.
There's never been a use for the main base email for my needs.
All other notifications always come in fine, but not thsee.

Obviously there are time sensitive messages involved here, but the service so far to get back on track is lacking, should it really take over a week to switch this back so I can deal with it?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi,

Do you not monitor accountname@accountname.plus.com ?

It should not take this long, but a just another user, all I can do is flag this case for the attention of a staff member.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bladerider
Hooked

@Townman,
I do monitor that account, but not the original base account that I created the personal inboxes for my wife and myself from.
I use (name@account name.plus.com)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Account notices will be sent to the email address recorded here - https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0 - you will need to log on to the user portal.

Bladerider
Hooked

Yep that's my standard email address.
Clearly something has gone very wrong with the notifications.
I'm absolutely certain that I haven't recieved them.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Could they have been treated as spam?

Bladerider
Hooked

I wish I could answer that, I don't think so, but as I still haven't got any folders back I can't comment...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

It might be worth trying the phone line now or chasing on chat.

Bladerider
Hooked

Thanks, I called earlier, I have to wait again while it gets escalated to the tech team for the 3rd time. (Lucky?)

Thinking this will become a formal complaint if I don't see progress tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice.
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @Bladerider

You should now have access to your mailbox again, the total size of your combined mail is 1.1gb. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Not sure what happened with the warning mails but I am looking into it now.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Bladerider
Hooked

Thank you very much!!

I will cull the unnecessary stuff asap to restore the size.

Appreciate the help to get it sorted.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems at all.
Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
louthfamily

HELP!

We have had exactly the same thing happen to our account. All of our email folders disappeared on or about 1 March. On 3 March we were told by PlusNet support that we had been sent an email (not received) and that the folders had been archived. Agent sent request to email team for our folders to be unarchived. We were told it might take up to 3 days.

Nothing happened until early this morning when we got a message saying that our emails had not been archived. I replied to say that we still couldn't see our folders. Shortly after that ALL of our email disappeared apart from an email saying that it had all been archived. I then 'chatted' with support and eventually managed to persuade them to unarchive our emails asap, but all we have got back is the new emails that we have received since 1 March - none of our previous emails.

Clearly something went wrong on or about 1 March. Please could someone in PlusNet sort this out?