Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Alert Message. TOO BIG

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Email Alert Message. TOO BIG

I have sent a particular email, probably about 10 times, with no problems.... I need to send it again, to another recipient... but I keep getting the following message....

Alert
The size of the message you are trying to send exceeds a temporary size limi of the server. The message was not sent; Try to reduce the message size or wait some time and try again, The server responede : ...temporary failure.
                                                              [  OK    ]

No.. it`s not O.K... 

can someone, please,  tell me what is happening... and how long must I wait for it  before I can send it again... 
For info.....  the message is rather long... all text... no attachments... and no multiple addressees.
(Using Thunderbird ).....
(relay.plus.net)

4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Email Alert Message. TOO BIG

Without further detail around where that message is being generated, it's difficult to advise further. Have you tried sending the message via Webmail?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

If it's just text, can't it be spread across two emails?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
shutter
Community Veteran

Hi Bob,
The message is generated, a few seconds after I click on "Send"... and the usual moving line box ( showing it being transmitted).. appears.. this will run for a while before, presumably, timing out... but the message remains....

@ForceE ... yes it could... BUT... as mentioned in my post... I have sent it many times previous to today.... with no problems.. so why should I have to chop it up... ( it is an instructional guide )..
shutter
Community Veteran

Strange... I have just done a test send... with a slightly longer version... by sending it to my alternative address.. and it went, and arrived with no problem ... wonder if it was because it was a  "gmail" address....... @gmail.com.au to be precise...