Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Account

FIXED
stevenstrong
Hooked

Email Account

My ISP has changed today and I would like to keep my "plus.com" email account. I PM JOLO today and Joe told me to post a thread when my new service was complete. It has now swapped over, so how do I go about keeping my email account?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Email Account

Hi @stevenstrong,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I appreciate your query and would advise you to speak to our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to ensure your account is not closed before your email account is modified. Please call them between:

08:00 and 20:00 Monday - Friday
09:00 and 19:00 Saturday
09:00 and 18:00 Sunday

Thanks - LF

stevenstrong
Hooked

I contacted the Customer options team on Tuesday and they said it would be reactivated in 24 hours. The next day I contacted Customer Services, who told me that it can take up to 3 days.

I am now worried that I will lose my email accounts. Can you please check to see if everything is progressing as it should, please?

Thanks

Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us Steve.

Sorry for the delay and the concern we've caused. I've now reactivated your account changing it to a mail only one. Could you log into your account then head on over to http://www.plus.net/email to recreate your mailboxes?

If you find you've lost any mail, let us know and we'll raise a task to our NetOps team to restore any mail that were in your mailboxes at the time your account was cancelled.

Unfortunately any mail that was sent to a mailbox between the account being cancelled and the mailbox recreated would have bounced back to the sender however I believe NetOps can find out the details of the bounce backs if you need us to.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stevenstrong
Hooked

All sorted thank you

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@stevenstrong Glad to hear that! Thumbs_Up

No problem, let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet