cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Account terminated after requesting a Mail only account - poor response from call centre

FIXED
alamo98
Hooked

Email Account terminated after requesting a Mail only account - poor response from call centre

I switched from Plusnet to Virgin last Tuesday after fifteen years of great service. I have used the same Force9 email since then almost everything I deal with online is linked to this email address. On switching I was assured that I could continue to access this email address with the mail only service. 

Since Tuesday the email has disappeared. I have spoken three times with the Plusnet call centre and have was promised a call back to update me on progress, but no response. 

I do not understand why it is taking so long to reinstate this mail account. I  was told initially it would be done in under 48 hours. Now I am told that there is no timescale. In the meantime I am locked out of other apps as I cannot verify myself through my registered email address.

I would really appreciate if this issue could be escalated and resolved as a priority. 

7 REPLIES 7
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Email Account terminated after requesting a Mail only account - poor response from call centre

Hi @alamo98,

I sincerely apologise for the issue with your account not being changed to mail only upon cancellation.

Your account has now been passed to the relevant team to recreate the mail component and be changed to a mail account from being destroyed. This should be shortly after 9am tomorrow morning and once the mail component has been added, you need to recreate any additional mailboxes that you had through the member centre.

Once you have recreated the mailboxes, let us know on here so we can raise a further task to restore a snapshot of mail to each mailboxes.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
alamo98
Hooked

Re: Email Account terminated after requesting a Mail only account - poor response from call centre

Thank you for your help, i'll let you know how it goes and confirm when it is up and running.

alamo98
Hooked

Hi Lewis,

The email still isn't working. Could you look in to it for me. Many Thanks.

alamo98
Hooked

I logged into plusnet and can access the email settings. I am confused by the format of the default email address. Previously it was

*****@******.f9.co.uk

Now it seems to be 

*****@******.force9.co.uk

Can this be changed to the 'f9' address?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Fix

Hi @alamo98, thanks for the update.

The .force9.net and .f9.net should be interchangeable, much in the same way as gmail/googlemail and ymail/yahoomail.

Have you tried the .f9.net and encountered an error?

alamo98
Hooked

Great, all seems to be working now. Thanks for all the help!
Jon
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 3

Hi @alamo98 

No problems at all. Please let us know if you need any further help or assistance Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Jon Smith
 Plusnet Infrastructure Operations Professional