cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eeeeek! I'm new, what magic do you use to get Webmail to work please.

fiddiwebb
Dabbler

Eeeeek! I'm new, what magic do you use to get Webmail to work please.

Sorry folks if this question has been asked a million times before but have just moved from Madasafish to Plusnet today, got my broadband connected to Plusnet , easy peasy, yippee!
BUT I can't seem to access Webmail  Cry
The email address listed in my Plusnet account details is for madasafish and as far as I can remember I don't think I asked Plusnet about a Plusnet email address but I thought they created a default  one something along the lines of "yourname@username.plus.com" , when I try and access Webmail with my userneme it comes up with ERROR
Unknown user or password incorrect. ?
Sorry for being dumb and the answer may be staring me in the face but could some kind soul give me a shove in the right direction please.
Update:
Okay, I've had a mess around and created a new mailbox and then sent an  external email to it but it just bounces back also external email sent to "my first name@username.plus.com bounces back.

Tried logging into Webmail again using my user name and now it says ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
I think I will go and have a lie down in a darkened room just now and try again tommorow.

6 REPLIES 6
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Eeeeek! I'm new, what magic do you use to get Webmail to work please.

Hi 
Welcome to the forum, go to:
1) https://webmail.plus.net
2) Enter in to the box Name: this is your PlusNet Username: for the portal
3) Enter in to the box Password: this is your PlusNet Password: for the portal
4) Make sure you have in the box "Log in to:"  PlusNet  selected
Hope this helps.
fiddiwebb
Dabbler

Hi Midnight Caller
Thanks for the welcome  Smiley
Followed your instructions to the letter but I'm still getting ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP serverSad
Maybe Webmail is out at the moment or just not answering the door or maybe there's a wild party happening at Plusnets HQ and carn't hear me knocking  Wink
I'll have a bash again in the morning.
Cheers.

zubel
Community Veteran

Try sending yourself an email - sometimes the mailboxes aren't created until an email is received.
B.
fiddiwebb
Dabbler

Thanks B
Got it sussed, it seems my email address is "username@username.plus.com" instead of  what I thought would be "myfirstname@username.plus.com" also it may have needed a few hours for Webmail to set me up, thats why I was getting bounced emails when I created a new mailbox.
Seems Webmail is a bit more complicated here than MAAFs but I aint complaining as I am saving money with Plusnet and seem to be getting slightly better speeds, hurray  Grin
Kozma
Dabbler

Hi
I just joined Plusnet today so don't know the rules of the site, eg whether to search for a similar topic or start a new one.
I am also finding it impossible to log into Webmail.  My Broadband username is username@plusdsl.net  I have entered this with the password I set when I registered with Plusnet, but keep getting the message, "Unknown user or password incorrect".
I have tried logging in with just my username, but get the same message.
Can anyone help?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Note for anyone thinking of replying.
The originator of the previous post has duplicated it in another thread - and probably solved his problem himself from reading the content of that thread.
David