cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing safe senders list

Torin60
Dabbler

Editing safe senders list

As an ex madasafish customer who was bought over I feel I'm stuck in the middle of no where. I use outlook for my emails on my desk top, and having worked fine for several years I now find some of my emails are being held in my plusnet webmail account in the spam/junk folder. One my phone , until today I could mark them as safe senders and on they would got to by outlook program on the pc. This button on my phone just the the right of the delete button was not there on my pc. Now this safe senders butto has gone from my webmail account on my phone. As a madasafish/plusnet member I dont not have a plusnet account, and the old madasafish account does not let me change spam settings. what can I do...Its driving me daft!

18 REPLIES 18
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Editing safe senders list

Hi @Torin60

Sincere apologies for this issue, I have raised this with our back-end team, and will get you and update early next week so we can work out what is going off with this issue.

Torin60
Dabbler

Many thanks Deank. Its been driving me mad. Tonight I have to say that the safe sender button is available on mobile and pc. Im soooo ....

But my main point is that I can not edit email setting via plusnet or madasafish portals.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, can you let us know what settings you were looking to change? - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Torin60
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

The problem is that 2 weeks ago I realised that some of my expected emails were missing and to cut a long story short they were being put into the junk/spam folder at the plusnet webmail server. Strangely all the retained email were coming from Midlothian councils Social work deptartment, different senders within the department,  and as a carer its vital they get to me. I thought that may be the had been marked as from an unsafe sender along the way.

Your help site suggested checking the email stting options. but this threw up a problem. As an ex madasafish customer I cannot check settings at the plusnet customer centre, and at the madasafish customer interface you cannot change anything. How can I check whats allowed through?

I can confirm that all weekend the safe sender button to the right of the delete button when looking at the webmail junk folder has been available.... unlike last week.

I wonder whats changed

Cheers

Jamie

Torin60
Dabbler

I am now getting "****** OFF". I looked at the plusnet webmail on my PC this afternoon to check if any emails had been stopped and put into the junk folder and Saw that the safe senders icon to the right of the delete icon has gone again. I then tried to log into my account using my mobile phone and 3 times it failed ti allow me in, and now its asked me to fill in a recaptcha but also that the captcha V1 is shut down......so how can I sort this out. I've wasted too much time on this . HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Torin60, I am sorry you are still having issues with this. We don't yet have an update from our back end team I'm afraid.

The 'safe sender' option intermittently appearing sounds like a browser issue, so may be worth trying an alternative browser and deleting the cache/ cookies if this happens again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Torin60
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply. in response to the browser suggestion I have tried google chrome and firefox... these 2 don't make a difference.

attached is the junk mail page from yesterday and today. Now you don't see it ...then you do! (Firefox used for both!!!)

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Torin60, thanks for checking.

Your screen shots show that one email is an outgoing mail and the other incoming? so this may be why you only get the 'not spam' option for one (outgoing). This shouldn't be an issue for the outgoing mail as our servers shouldn't block emails being sent from you.

Have you got any more examples of incoming mail in the junk folder where this is happening?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Torin60
Dabbler

Hi, yes I moved an email from the sent to the junk box to see if I could repeat the fault..but it did not work. There were 3 occasions that emails from the Social work department I work for as a foster carer were held in the Junk/spam box for no reason that I could see. Emails from these addresses have previously been accepted and sent on to my pc and phone. On my pc there was no "this is not spam" key to mark them as safe an allow them to move on to the inbox. My mobile did have the safe key which allowed me to do it. The safe key has now been visible on the pc since I last emailed. (My visible I don't mean there but not dim as there was no email in the junk folder o highlighted, I mean it was not there at all.

The next issue is that as a madasafish customer I do not have a plusnet account to set email preferences... and the old madasafish account which I still have does not let you also.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Torin60, I have been informed that we are aware of an issue that is causing the spam filter to be triggered intermittently.

As it is a MAAF email, as you say, you are unable to amend these settings, this is also something we are unable to do our side I'm afraid. I am going to raise it to our Network Operations to look into further, I will get back to you once I have a response.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Torin, I've had a response back from our Networks Team and they have asked if you could provide some screenshots of the emails you are having an issue with including the mail headers.

If you could add the screenshots on the open ticket here, that would be great.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Torin60
Dabbler

Thanks Lauren,

Strangely I had one today and one last friday. I have removed an attachment from the latter as is shows my payment from the council for fostering. I hope the headers are displayed correctly.

Kind regards

Jamie

Torin60
Dabbler

Sorry Lauren I meant to say that I could not post them where you had a highlighted here because that took me to the plusnet customer login and I don't have an account

Torin60
Dabbler

I also meant to say that 2 weeks ago I used the safe sender button to allow emails from these 2 addresses through from the plusnet junk folder to my pc and I had to do the same again