cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

holmie

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

Hi, I'm trying to access my force9 email account but get the above msg.. I aint used it for a while but have no idea if it's an error or gone because of lack of use.
PROBLEM: It's linked to my steam account so I really need it so any help would be great.
Cheers
8 REPLIES 8
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

Just try again
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Also temporarily disable any anti-virus scanner and firewall as they can sometimes cause issues with connections.
I assume you have already rebooted both PC and router, another cause of such issues.
holmie

cheers for the replies, think i got to the problem now...
Managed to login and play with some test mails and have found out the problem is that the domain name has changed i.e  ***@*****.f9.co.uk has now become ***@*****.force9.co.uk
The problem now is that I can not change my steam account email address without the code that first gets sent to the f9.co.uk addy however this is now a dead mail addy Sad
Does any one have an idea how to get round this or can I change the domain name back to .f9.co.uk ?Huh
Cheers
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

F9.co.uk is Plusnets domain name... you cannot change it.
You will need to raise a ticket and explain the situation and see if Plusnet have a solution. It seems strange that Plusnet would have changed the email address for forece9 users without having some form of backwards compatibility (i.e  still be able to receive email for @f9.co.uk addresses but route it to @force9.co.uk addresses) as that would cause no end of problems.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: holmie
cheers for the replies, think i got to the problem now...
Managed to login and play with some test mails and have found out the problem is that the domain name has changed i.e  ***@*****.f9.co.uk has now become ***@*****.force9.co.uk

Your email address hasn't changed, and I fail to see how this would have been giving your IMAP connection errors anyway. You can change the from address in SquirrelMail to whatever you like (assuming it's valid) by navigating to Options > Personal Information, and changing the settings there.
Most Force9 customers will have at least two of three possible domain names:

• username.force9.co.uk
  • username.f9.co.uk
  • username.force9.net (not everybody has this one)

Emails sent to either of the available domains route through to the same mailbox i.e. an email sent to mail@username.f9.co.uk would end up in the same mailbox as a message sent to mail@username.force9.co.uk.
The problem in your case is the fact that the f9.co.uk domain has been switched off (not sure why).
Would you like me to turn it back on for you?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

holmie

The problem in your case is the fact that the f9.co.uk domain has been switched off (not sure why).
Would you like me to turn it back on for you?

If you could do the Bob it would be great.. cheers Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Done.
It may be 24-48 hours before the DNS records fully propagate though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

holmie

Your a Diamond Bob it's now working fine. Thx for all your help and to those who replied Smiley