cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E mails not printing

maesgerddi

E mails not printing

On changing an old Epson printer for a new Epson P50 printer the text on mails will not print.  Everything else -attatchments, photos etc works perfectly.  Using XP & Outlook Express 6. Print Icon is greyed out.  Any ideas anyone ?
8 REPLIES 8
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: E mails not printing

You are highlighting an email first? You need to select an email before you can print it.
Do you have the preview pane active - if not you need to double click and open an email before being able to print it.
Try:
Start > Run > (type In) Regsvr32 Ole32.dll
or see http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/38632-printer-button-grayed-out.html
Or try removing and re-installing the printer
This can also occur due to a corrupted OE user account. Does creating a new user account in OE result in the print icon being available. If so, you may need to move all your email to the new account.

maesgerddi

Thank you Peter, --  I always select & open an E mail before trying to print.  I've tried 11 different  "regsvr32"  fixes without success.  I' ve reinstalled  the printer once.    If I copy & patch into Word,  it will then print but thats awkward.  My brouser is Firefox.    I am not an expert,  how do I open a new account ?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Though your browser of choice is FF I believe Outlook Explorer uses Internet Explorer settings for printing messages. If you view any page using Internet Explorer are you able to print it? If not modify settings in File->Print settings (including printer selection) until you can.
Hopefully printing from OE6 will then work.
David
maesgerddi

I'm unable to find File > print settings anywhere.  Still unable to print  from OE6  from IE or FF.  My last printer was OK with both.  I have uninstalled & reinstalled using someone elses P50 software with no difference.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Quote from: maesgerddi
Still unable to print  from OE6  from IE or FF.

I assume that means trying to print the current web page in Internet Explorer doesn't work. What happens when you click the Internet Explorer print icon?
David
maesgerddi

Sorry, I can print pages from any brouser, but can't print E mails from Outlook Express, but can print attatchments to the mails.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I think that means the problem is most likely that your OE6 mail file has been corrupted. Creating a new identity should fix this.
This link provides guidance on how to do this and import your existing messages, address book and settings. The early part of that thread describes some of the things you've already tried.
Hope this fixes your problem. Smiley
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: maesgerddi
I am not an expert,  how do I open a new account ?

You would delete your mail settings from OE and then run through the set-up again.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵