Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E mail to Australians

stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

E mail to Australians

My Australian sister claims to be not receiving my emails sent with Plusnet  with Thundebird they are recorded as sent and also received in UK if sent to others at same time Could this be a problem or may it be at her end ?? Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: E mail to Australians

@stathe Have you asked your sister to check her spam folder just in case?

stathe
Rising Star

I dont think she is able, thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a pity as without checking you'll not be 100% sure that they haven't arrived.

stathe
Rising Star

Well I have asked her to ask a younger person to check for her, but why should this be? as I would be on her lists

Anonymous
Not applicable

You would have thought, more so if you've been emailing her frequently, but you need to err on the side of caution as this would be one of the first thing Plusnet will (should) ask you when they start to look into it.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @stathe, sorry to hear about the problems your sister is having receiving your emails.

And thanks for the input @Anonymous. Indeed the first thing we need to know is if the emails are going through to a different inbox such as spam.

It could be that a previous email containing a few pictures or links might have flagged it as spam to begin with or if you are sending frequent emails that might have caused your sisters inbox to identify anything you send as spam. 

Even accidentally clicking 'mark as spam' will then send all subsequent emails received from the same sender to go into the spam folder.

And that's if the problem IS spam.

Other troubleshooting I would suggest is to check if anyone else is having problems receiving your emails? If everything's fine and your sister isn't receiving anything, even into spam or other folders, It might be a problem on her side with either her client settings or email provider etc.

Also, it might just be worth double checking her email address. Something might have changed.  But theoretically if you've sent and she received emails before this shouldn't be the case. Especially, if the senders address is not valid, they usually bounce back.

At the moment there's a lot of possible explanations. My advice would be to check the suggestions above and get back to us if there's still a problem Smiley

stathe
Rising Star

Thank you all for your help my sister is elderly ,I am older , so neither  very good with technology,   she now says she has had two of my mails dated 14 March I fear she may not be checking her mail . With regards to Telediscount  I do wonder if Plusnet obstructs these calls to make me use the more expensive direct dial  ??  Telediscount 1p a minute  Direct much more

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @stathe

Thanks for getting in touch and I am really glad to hear that your sister is receiving your emails.

Regarding Telediscount when I have checked their website the access numbers used to call each country appear to be a chargeable number when looking at our price guide, similarly on the price guide it does advise that we cannot guarantee that a third party number used to dial internationally may still be chargeable even if they would generally be included in the price plan.

I would advise to have a look through our price guide here for more information.

If you have any further questions please feel free to get in touch.

stathe
Rising Star

From 1st July 2015, the charge for calls to service numbers beginning 084, 087, 09 and 118 consists of a 9.58p per minute access charge from Plusnet, plus a service charge set by the company you called. For more information visit www.plus.net/ukcalling.

It would seem that you do penalise people who use Telediscount    I am disapointed

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

The 1st July 2015 change was one across the industry as instructed by Ofcom. Plusnets access charges are among some of the lowest around according to this: https://www.area-codes.org.uk/more/access-charge-list.php

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @stathe

Thanks for getting back to me.

As mentioned by @pjmarsh the changes that you have highlighted were industry-wide and these were regulation changes implemented by Ofcom. I have provided a link to their site here

I am sorry that these changes have affected you and if you have any other queries or questions please feel free to get in touch.

- Warwick