Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E mail on Kindle Fire

stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

E mail on Kindle Fire

My Plusnet mail is not getting to my Kindle fire though I can send with it.and use relay.plus.net  port 143                  To receive I have ------imap.plus.net  Port 143

I have also Yahoo mail which sends and receives O.K
9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: E mail on Kindle Fire

Are you using pop3 on your yahoo mail ?
If so it will download and delete mail from the server and there will be nothing there for the kindle. If you wish to see mail on both then your yahoo needs to use IMAP as well.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stathe
Rising Star

No Yahoo is android.imap.mail.yahoo.com for in and android smtp.mail.yahoo.com  Thank You
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Sorry, completely misunderstood there. Embarrassed I thought you were using another client to access your plus net mail.
Check the username/password you are using. If its the main account mailbox then its the login you use to access the member centre, if its a mailbox then its username+mailbox name and the mailbox password (as used to login to webmail)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you login using webmail (http://webmail.plus.net) do you see any messages there?
David
stathe
Rising Star

Quote -- login using webmail (http://webmail.plus.net) do you see any messages there?
On the Kindle No received messages, but  lots of sent ones from the past
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The way I interpret that is that you don't see any messages because there aren't any. Are any messages received downloaded by a different computer using POP3 (which removes them from the server) or do they get sent to a different mailbox which you aren't checking?
David
stathe
Rising Star

The messages are OK on my main computer and I will see if that is POP 3  How should I alter this ?
spraxyt
Resting Legend

It isn't possible to change a POP3 account to IMAP directly since message storage locations are different. POP3 messages will normally be stored in a folder local to the appropriate computer, IMAP messages are stored on the server.
However before making that change, would using the POP3 setting "leave a copy on the server for (say) 7 days" meet your needs? That would mean messages would be viewable on your Kindle for 7 days after download to your main computer. Is that sufficient, or do you need a lot longer?
David
RobDickson
Grafter

It's possible to access your emails using IMAP, POP3, or both. All you need to do is change your incoming email server in your email client(s). There's no problem with having POP3 on one email client and IMAP on another (if that's what you want).
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/settings.shtml
Email address format yourname@username.plus.com
Incoming (POP3) Server mail.plus.net
Outgoing (SMTP) Server relay.plus.net
IMAP Server imap.plus.net

I hope this helps.