cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E Mail address

Laurence

E Mail address

Having recently transferred to Plus net I am wondwering do I have to change my present e mail address.The main oneI have is  ending  with btinternet.com.Will I still be allowed to use that address although I am no longer with BT
5 REPLIES 5
Junegee

Re: E Mail address

I too have recently joined Plusnet and have a similar  question.  I still have my old O2 address thought I've left O2 and my emails are acoming to that in box.  I'd like them to arrive in the Plusnet in box and then I can uninstall /delete the old O2 address.    I'll be grateful for any adivice.  Thanks.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi and welcome
Yes you will need to let all your friends know your new e-mail address, as you will no longer be with BT for your e-mail's
To keep the same e-mail address you should buy a Domain Name from say 123-reg
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Welcome to Plusnet and the Community forums. Smiley
Emails to an old email address will continue to go to the mailbox which they have always gone to - just like a particular house address doesn't change simply because someone who lived there moves home. Your old supplier may eventually stop you using that address completely; however with immediate effect you are likely to find that sending using your old ISP's mail server no longer works.
To set up a Plusnet email address you need to go to http://email.plus.net. If you didn't create a Plusnet email address during sign up you'll be directed to do this the first time you visit that Manage My Mail page. The page provides guidance for doing this. You define just the local address - the part before the @. The part after the @ will be username.plus.com where username is your chosen account name.
Once an email address has been set up you need to alter your email programme to handle mail sent to and from it. You will find setup guides for popular email programmes on the Email Setup Guides help page.
David
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

You can keep your BTinternet email addresses if you pay them £1.60 a month, by signing up for Premium Mail.
Junegee

Many thanks for your really helpful reply.  Regards