cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail Problem 'a known issue'? Then please tell us ... !

ClashingTitans
Dabbler

E-Mail Problem 'a known issue'? Then please tell us ... !

Who to believe? After weeks of slow loading, attachments not attaching, regular 'log-offs', frequent 'service unavailable' notices, I contact Customer Services last night. The problem is with my account apparently. They practise some unknown magic and ask me to log on again in half an hour. No improvement.

Early this morning I try again. This time, the new person on shift says that it's a known problem. So why hasn't it shown up on Service Status? I always look there before raising a ticket, and the E-Mail Service Status hasn't been updated for 80 days.

The end of the conversation was as follows:

PN: OK I am sorry about this, this is a known issue that we have had, we are working hard to get a resolution together and have this implemented (hopefully within the next 2 days)

Me: Thank you. Please could you ask that this is put on the Service Status page, as it will save me contacting you and also waste less time for Customer Service.

PN: I will request this is done, certainly

Several hours later and, no surprise, the Service Status has NOT been updated. So, can anyone tell me what is really going on? I am trying to organise a conference and it is grinding to a halt. Customer Service, serve your Customers.

7 REPLIES 7
Gary1
Dabbler

Re: E-Mail Problem 'a known issue'? Then please tell us ... !

I have been having these problems also, all started a month ago with attachments not attaching then attaching and cancelling the first one out etc. Now I get 'service unavailable' after trying to log in for ages the going blank.  Haven't been able to view my sent emails for over a month now.

Spent a hour on the phone today to a technical support guy who took over my laptop remotely and tried different browsers etc etc guess what ... to no avail.  Apparantly they know about this I'm told and are working to rectify it, why don't I believe it. You're not the only one getting frustrated I can tell you, there are others on other forums with this problem but plusnet don't seem to be answering anything.  The tech guy didn't know anything about the problems mentioned on these forums, just proves they don't read this.  Let's hope it gets better before we all cancel our direct debits.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

PN has known about web mail problems for years Embarrassed

But what they say is , its NOT part of your broadband package But is given free ! and as such they do not support it fully and will be fixed as a last resort !

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
nanobot37

PN mail server frequently unusable. Random error messages : server not available, request timed out, mail box fails to download,etc. Usually happens when forwarding emails with attachments or adding more than one attachment whilst composing a new mail etc .  PN support says due to too many emails in my box ????, deleted 50% of filed emails & culled folders but situation still the same.   Any one else having similar problems ?. 

kevinguy
Hooked

I had a similar conversation in online chat two days ago - was informed it would be fixed within 24 to 48 hours - still not sorted: try to access webmail and over 60% of the time I get server error, and with attachments (well within the the7MB limit I get message not sent. Also asked about status updates and was told a request would be submitted - just checked status - no update. Not good enough Plusnet - since you sold out to BT your standard of service has dropped abysmally.

Gary1
Dabbler

Still an ongoing issue even though I've been in touch several times and had the tech guy take over my laptop and see for himself.  It is also obvious they don't read these forums as he knew nothing about this and admitted he doesn't look at the forums.  Open your eyes plusnet before we all leave like fleas off a dead dogs back.

There are plenty of other broadband service providers ...

ClashingTitans
Dabbler

It took a week to get there, but Plusnet have now acknowledged in Service Status.

aketheridge

I have been having problems with e mail for 6 weeks now.e mails are taking up to 15 minutes to load or not loading at all.if I have to look back at a previous page the same thing happens.spent 30 minutes awaiting a reply from plus net last night,but was told it was a known issue and would be looked into next week.as I travel by train and need to print off  confirmation e mails,it is causing me to seek another broadband supplier