Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail Archive Deleted by Mistake

CrossLot
Hooked

E-Mail Archive Deleted by Mistake

Hi,

My wifes e-mail account ( [Removed]) has had some e-mails archived by plusnet as her inbox was too large.  She was able to go through the archive and was deleting or restoring her e-mails when she selected all the archive e-mails by mistake and deleted them.  They were not in the deleted bin.

Please could she have the ‘Archive Received Items’ folder recovered as of 8.00pm on 27th April 2020.  She will then finish going through the e-mails and tidying it up.

Thank you,

Kevin

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: E-Mail Archive Deleted by Mistake

Hi Kevin,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Just to clarify, where was the Archive folder - on the email server or local to the PC?

• If local to the PC (which would be logical if archiving from the server) then they are unlikely to be recoverable
  • If on the mail server, then the folder SHOULD be in deleted items, however archiving on the server when trying to reduce the size of the file store on the server might be nugatory - all that is being done is to move the same stuff around the 1GB FUP allowance

Just as a sanity check, if the mailbox is accessed via webmail, are the emails gone?

A restore of the full archive might be a better approach here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CrossLot
Hooked

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I can confirm that the archive was on the PC and the files are not in the trash can.

My wife has checked on webail and the e-mails are gone.

Is it possible to put the full archive back please? She will then be able to rescue the few important e-mails and then delete the rest.

Thanks for the welcome and your help.

Kevin

CrossLot
Hooked

Hi, 

Thanks for everyone who is trying to sort this out for us.

I can see that an attempt to sort this out  has been made but it hasn't solved the problem unfortunately. (We have received further e-mail also ref E1021.)

Originally my wifes e-mail from 2014 back to 2006 was archived in the Archive Receive and Archive Sent folder.  She mistakedly deleted the Archive Receive folder which is what she would like to get back.  (This is not in the "Trash Can" on our PC or on web mail).  She also spent quite a lot of time deleting other e-mails not needed from the normal In and Sent box to reduce her mail box size even more.

What it looks like has happened is that the e-mails from the normal In and Sent box which she intentionally deleted have been restored from a backup.  She has now been through again and deleted these once more intentionally. 

Unfortunately, it appears that when the backup was restored she lost 2 days of her latest e-mails for Tues 5th May and Wed 6th May 2020. 

So is it possible to do the following please:

1) Restore e-mails lost from Tus 5th May and Wed 6th May last week? (Higher Priority)

2) Restore the original Archive Received folder?

Sorry I know this is probably not straight forward and your help is appreciated.

Kevin