Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail Account on Amazon Fire

daddybear
Grafter

E-Mail Account on Amazon Fire

Good Afternoon

I am trying to set up my Plusnet e-mail account (?mailbox) onto my Amazon Fire 8HD tablet but am having difficulties doing it.

I feel I am following on-screen instructions properly but the connection cannot be made.

The final message is:-

"There is a problem with the servers security certificate. (It is self-signed, expired or has a host name mismatch).

Would you like to trust it anyway?"

Clicking on OK just makes the message repeat.

As I want to use my tablet abroad I have entered the imap values where requested and left all ticks as shown.

I have a current Plusnet Broadband contract.

Hope someone can talk me through a solution.

Regards

Roy

8 REPLIES 8
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: E-Mail Account on Amazon Fire

Hi @daddybear 

Can I please ask what stock client the Fire uses/which client you are trying to set this up on? 

Thanks, 

MoR

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

"There is a problem with the servers security certificate. (It is self-signed, expired or has a host name mismatch).

Would you like to trust it anyway?"

@daddybear sounds like you have the wrong setting for security on the incoming ( and possibly outgoing ) servers. You need security set to 'None'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daddybear
Grafter

Hello MoR

Thanks for the prompt reply.  

I'm sorry but I am not very computer literate. Not too sure what you mean by a "stock client".

At the moment there are Hotmail and BT e-mail accounts set up on the tablet and I want to remove the BT one and replace with Plusnet as a 'free-standing' client.

Is this possible?

Roy

daddybear
Grafter

Hello Mr W

Thanks for the prompt reply and suggestion.

Will give it a try and see what happens.

Roy

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi daddybear, 

We don't have a specific Plusnet email client or app but it is possible to use your email through a browser at http://webmail.plus.net is it possible for you to send us screenshots of your email settings from the tablet please? 

You should be able to do that by holding down the power button and volume down simultaneously. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
daddybear
Grafter

Hello Adam Walker

Thank you for the reply.

I have managed to set my account up on the tablet by following the 'advanced settings' instructions onscreen together with Mr W's suggestion of 'none' with regard to the security settings.

I have tested this with our other e-mail accounts/clients on desktop and laptop and all seems to work OK.

Regards

Roy

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@daddybear Glad you got it working.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @daddybear,

I'm glad to hear that you've been able to successfully set up your email account on your Amazon Fire with the help of @MisterW's suggestion of changing the security setting to "none."

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team