cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication of Emails

FIXED
KevinD

Duplication of Emails

Hi, I'm new to Plusnet and have an issue with webmail, when I receive emails from Plusnet support I get two copies of the same message in my inbox, is there a setting I need to change?

2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Duplication of Emails

Fix

Welcome to the Community forum. Smiley

The short explanation for this is that Plusnet send a copy of contractual messages to both your postmaster mailbox and (if different) a copy goes to the Email address given under My Details in the Member Centre. This is likely to be your default mailbox. Both will be arriving in the same mailbox because postmaster will have been aliased to that default.

Where to find information.

The View Details page is at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0. This shows your communications Email address which is likely to be <yourname>@<yourusername>.plus.com.

The Manage My Mail tool shows your default mailbox, which is likely to be <yourname>. The postmaster address is generally aliased to this.

Eliminating the duplicates

Return to View Details in the Member Centre (first link above), then click on edit your details. Change your Email address at the bottom of that page to postmaster@<yourusername>.plus.com then click Update Details to save the changes. You should find just one email is now sent. The alias will direct it into your default mailbox (as happens now).Cool

David
KevinD

Re: Duplication of Emails

Thanks for your reply all sorted now Smiley