cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading webmail "sent"

David_W
Rising Star

Downloading webmail "sent"

I have a few hundred emails that I send through webmail.plus.net.  I can access them if I set up Outlook to use imap.force9.net but if I try to copy an email to my pop3 sent, it gives an error from the server, something about bad IMAP command and appears to delete the email from sent (not what I want!).  Is there a way to download the emails I sent and put them into my sent folder, Outlook 2010 offers "conversation" view, and missing lots of the conversations is bad.
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Downloading webmail "sent"

Counter intuitive but try copying the emails to the inbox on webmail, you'll then be able to receive them in to outlook and then move them to the sent in outlook.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
David_W
Rising Star

Re: Downloading webmail "sent"

Somethings happening, it's downloaded all the spam folder and the one I tried to move is struck out.  Okily, it puts it the inbox, so then download via pop 3 and I can filter with the "from" being me!  Cheers Jelv Cheesy
To clarify (in case anyone wants to do this) via Outlook on IMAP I moved them from the Sent folder to the Inbox folder in the IMAP bit.  Then via the POP3 bit I hit "Send/Receive" which delivered all the Sent items into my POP3 inbox, from there I simply filtered as from "my email address" and all these ones went into my POP3 sent folder.  Although some ended in Junk mail too so had to search that.