cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading IMAP email taking too long

MokeMan

Downloading IMAP email taking too long

I have IMAP accounts with both PlusNet and 1and1.co.uk.  I access my mail using both MS Outlook 2007 and iPad; for both these products, downloading* my inbox has started taking an age (c 1 minute) when accessing my mail from PlusNet, but is almost instantaneous for 1and 1.co.uk.

If anyone can suggest how I get PlusNet to speed up, I’d be most grateful.

*ie Synchronizing Subscribed Folders for Outlook

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Downloading IMAP email taking too long

This will be related to the current service issues that are under investigation. It affects Webmail more severely but will be having an adverse effect on vanilla IMAP access too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

DawnB13
Hooked

I am having exactly the same problem.  I haven't used webmail on a PC for months and as soon as I started to (last week), it is taking ages to download emails on both my ipad and my iphone.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

stevemccl
Dabbler

Same here. Always used Mozilla Thunderbird to download emails from Plusnet servers (IMAP). Last few weeks have been a nightmare - PN system has slowed down to a crawl. The suggestion by PN to use an email client rather than Webmail is not even remotely a useful solution. The external email clients are not able to resolve problems that are clearly the fault of Plusnet's own mail servers. It's as if the company are under the impression that it's not their problem.