cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Plusnet automatically empty deleted/trash folder?

Honkytom777

Does Plusnet automatically empty deleted/trash folder?

Hi

I understand that it's not great practice to expect that an email in the deleted folder will be retained but in the past my deleted folder only emptied when I manually did it. It now seems to empty itself automatically and keeps deleted emails to about a week ago. Has this changed? If so what are the parameters for this? Can they be altered anywhere? I'm using IMAP.

Occasionally I realise that I've deleted an email that I shouldn't have and go back to the deleted folder to recover it.

Cheers,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Does Plusnet automatically empty deleted/trash folder?

Hi Tom,

A warm welcome to the forums.

No the mail service does not do anything automatically but some email clients do. Have you introduced a new IMAP client to the mail box? What email clients do you use to access the mailbox?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Honkytom777

Hi
Thanks for reply.
I use Outlook on desktop and Aqua Mail on mobile devices. I've not changed anything recently but my laptop was updated to newer Outlook a few months ago and to be honest I'm not sure when this started happening. I've checked the settings and cannot see anything obvious. Any tips?

Cheers

Tom
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Tom,

So you are confident that none of the devices has "Remove deleted items after XX days" or "Empty trash on exit" enabled?  I was surprised to find my trash folder were tidier than I expected ... and found that my iPhone defaulted to erase after one week.

Clutching at straws here, might Outlook have been configured to archive deleted mail items?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.