Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I keep my BT email address ?

brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Do I keep my BT email address ?

I was changed over from BT yesterday to PLUSNET for broadband and phone.
I have got my PLUSNET email address up and running, but am surprised that I am still able to receive and send emails in my btinternet email address.
How long does this continue for please ?  I can't imagine that I will be able to keep my btinternet email address as I am no longer a customer of theirs..
My change over of phone and broadband went extremely smoothly and I am actually getting a slightly higher speed.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Do I keep my BT email address ?

Quote from: mummy
I have got my PLUSNET email address up and running, but am surprised that I am still able to receive and send emails in my btinternet email address.
How long does this continue for please ?

That's a question for BT really. Glad to hear the migration went smoothly though Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Hi mummy,
This might help http://www.choose.net/media/guide/faqs/email-address-switch-broadband.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Many thanks...
It seems that BT will let me keep my btinternet email address for 30 days and charge me if I want to continue using it after that..
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Onetel, later subsumed by TalkTalk, keep addresses live forever, I still have access even though I haven't used them for well over ten years.