Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgraceful Plusnet Webmail Service - Email I've Sent to Ceo Philip Jansen

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

Disgraceful Plusnet Webmail Service - Email I've Sent to Ceo Philip Jansen

Dear Mr Jansen

I sent you 3 emails from my Plusnet webmail   'XXXXX@broadplus.plus.com' yesterday 6th August. 

Can you please confirm you received them because your Plusnet webmail doesn't seem to keep copies of my sent emails in the sent folder . In fact I now haven't got  a clue if my important emails are getting to their destinations or not. 

I cc'd one of the emails (I sent to you) to my gmail account but it has not been received. This is very worrying as I am dealing with some legal issues and need to have an audit of all emails being sent .

If you haven't received my previous emails , please contact me and I will list out all the service issues again and email them from my gmail account .

There is no point in me trying to use my Plusnet email as it frankly doesn't work anymore . Sometimes we can't log on , we get a plethora of error messages , IMAP signal failures, Internal Error messages , the list goes on and on.  Folders don't get downloaded , sometimes only a partial list of emails in a folder appears (other times none at all).

A simple 3 minute composed email can become a 20-30 minute battle with errors messages , logging on and off , pressing the refresh button, discarding the email and starting over again .  

You are supposed to be managing a professional company but acting like a bunch of cowboys leaving your customers to suffer for over 3 years with this absolute piece of garbage you call Plusnet webmail. 

I am now going to email you a screenshot of every error message I receive when I login to my Plusnet webmail.  

I will continue to do this until you have fixed the service properly.

Further , I will publish a set of you-tube videos to show the public what a pile of junk this so called service is.

Moderators Note: All caps title removed as per Forum rules

15 REPLIES 15
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Disgraceful Plusnet Webmail Service - Email I've Sent to Ceo Philip Jansen

Sorry things have gone so wrong for you, but Plusnet charges you for broadband and phone, your email and a couple of other things are provided as free extras. As always, you get what you pay for ... I gave up on PN email when trying to set it up when I joined PN years ago.

Pnet BB is an excellent service and good value for money. I think most ISP provided email is rubbish and use an independent supplier -- in my case Fastmail but others may be just as good. Another advantage is that you can change ISP without change to your email addy/service. Why not continue with Gmail if you don't mind Google spying on your correspondence to send you targeted ads?

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@FAILSAFE01 wrote:

This is very worrying as I am dealing with some legal issues and need to have an audit of all emails being sent .

@FAILSAFE01 

If I had a requirement of keeping track of emails of legal issues I certainly wouldn't be using WebMail.  Have you thought of using your PlusNet email service with a proper email client?  Huh

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

I use Gmail as my regular email and have done for about 15 years.

I have 2 PN Webmail accounts for signing up to forums and stuff.

Do you see? Cheesy
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@RobPN wrote:

@FAILSAFE01 wrote:

This is very worrying as I am dealing with some legal issues and need to have an audit of all emails being sent .

@FAILSAFE01 

If I had a requirement of keeping track of emails of legal issues I certainly wouldn't be using WebMail.  Have you thought of using your PlusNet email service with a proper email client?  Huh

Especially when having a Gmail account and having had problems with the Plusnet email service for 3 years!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

Final email from my CEO complaint about the dire webmail service:

"I can confirm that the issue is not over 3 years. You might have a different issue before but this known issue now is not over 3 years.

I understand that I cannot provide you a specific timeframe of when the issue will be fix and you want us to move all your folders and emails to an email service that has a proper infrastructure. Please be informed that we can only deal with our own server therefore we cannot transfer your email to a different email platform.  To avoid inconvenience due to the issue that we have, I would suggest to use a different email client that you prefer like gmail, outlook, etc.

Please be informed that the email that we provide free and it is not part of the contract that you have agreed with, which is why it is simple and basic email platform. It is not the same with other email Platform that has more capabilities. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reply or call me on 0800 587 2677 anytime between 9:30am-5:00pm. I am here Monday-Friday."

Plusnet do not want to support their webmail service anymore and want their customers to move off it.

Baldrick1

Rather than put your own slant on things why not just admit that it's very silly to trust important emails to a third party freebie service offered by any provider and learn from this experience? It costs nothing to either use the POP3 option and keep emails on your own computer, (which of course you regularly back up?), or download a copy and/or print a hard copy?

Moderator and Customer

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

There is no 'slant' about this - have you read the final email from the 'Customer Advocates team'?  Why is it 'silly' to trust important emails to the Plusnet webmail service?  Are you saying its a security risk and that they don't implement the necessary processes to prevent hackers and download of viruses?  Are you saying they are providing a service that may endanger their customers private and confidential data?   If that's true then why don't they offer us the option of being able to move all our emails to another email client?  I've asked them whether they could offer me that option and was willing to pay if not too expensive.

Your comments seem to infer you are an expert on email systems so please provide an 'email layman' like me with simple instructions on how I can transfer all the emails in my folders to another properly supported email system?  Is it possible to transfer my folders to my gmail account (I have over a thousand emails stored before the Plusnet webmail deteriorated to worthless and unacceptable level)?

Here is a previous email which other forum members might wish to read (so that they don't waste anymore time complaining to the Customer Service teams).

----------------------------------------------

I am sorry to hear about the issues with your Plusnet email. We do have a known issue wherein you will see issues like:

* Pages not loading 

* Mail Disappearing 

* Errors within webmail such as IMAP errors, Failed to Fetch command, Server error, IMAP terminated

* The inability to see folders

* Sent mail not arriving

We do not have a specific timeframe of when the issue will be fix but to try and alleviate this problem, please try the following:

https://webmail.plus.net

On the inbox list screen, select LIST OPTIONS which is the little grid icon on the left of the column title bar

Set sorting column to NONE

Click save

-------------------------------------------

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro

@FAILSAFE01 

Baldrick writes: "Rather than put your own slant on things why not just admit that it's very silly to trust important emails to a third party freebie service offered by any provider and learn from this experience? 

No matter what has been suggested by forum members, you return to your original rant against Plusnet webmail which we agree is so basic and clunky it’s not worth bothering about. I see no point in suggesting anything more beyond advising you to Google “copy folders webmail to gmail” which will bring you multiple ways of doing so. Happy ranting!

Baldrick1

@FAILSAFE01 wrote:

Why is it 'silly' to trust important emails to the Plusnet webmail service? 

Doesn't the fact that you are having this problem answer the question for you?

Neither would I trust leaving them with Google or any other remote email service without having a copy on my own computer and/or a printed copy.

https://support.google.com/mail/thread/5247542/i-m-locked-out-of-my-gmail-account?hl=en

Moderator and Customer

Brian_K
Dabbler

I've used Plusnet mail and The Bat! e-mail client for years without any problems and having The Bat! data on my Synology NAS means that I can access my e-mails from any device on my network or via a VPN if I'm away from home and also backup my data to my iDrive account automatically (it runs on the NAS, so I don't even have to have my computer running for it to happen). Another advantage of Plusnet mail is you can create e-mail aliases and then if you start getting spammed, you can just delete them.

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

What's wrong with complaining?  Why are you so happy to accept an unacceptable service? 

You do not just offer a service that is unsupported and which is used as a teaser to sell your other services (even if it is free).

Better to complain than to just sit on hands and say 'Oh well - never mind' 

Currently , one cannot even login to the webmail server with some 'IMAP SIGNAL FAILED'   rubbish error message.

All I can say is PLUSNET WEBMAIL is shockingly awful 

Really really, shockingly awful  - rubbish rubbish rubbish

Is that enough of a rant for some of the Plusnet groupies on this forum.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps text edited as per Forum rules.

Brian_K
Dabbler

Why all the capital letters? It's against forum rules as you were told in a previous post. That aside, I can't see the reason to keep on complaining about this. As I and others have said, the Plusnet e-mail service works perfectly well with local e-mail clients, e.g., Outlook, The Bat! etc, using POP3. Also, where is the evidence that Plusnet is using their e-mail service as a "TEASER" to sell their other services? Unless you can provide written details of where their e-mail service is actually being used to promote their internet services, then this is just your inference.

As others have suggested, if you want to use online e-mail services, they are readily available from other providers, so there is no need to keep complaining about what you don't like about Plusnet's e-mail services. After all, no-one is forcing you to use it, are they?

Longliner
Seasoned Pro

RUBBISH indeed. Best way to treat trolls and/or professional moaners is to ignore them.

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

I bet your moaning now with no service and no update on when the problem(s) will be fixed.