cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappear and reappearing e-mails

iandaniels
Dabbler

Disappear and reappearing e-mails

Morning, can someone please assist - my e-mails on my Samsung S9 Galaxy keep disappearing and re-appearing, is there a solution, please

9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Disappear and reappearing e-mails

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Mobile to Email 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Would I be correct in guessing that this is an IMAP connection to the mail server?

If yes, this happens from time to time when the CLIENT gets confused about its sync state with the IMAP server - it just rebuilds the local email store.

I see this occasionally on my iPhone with an outlook.com mailbox.  Generally this is not more than a minor inconvenience.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

iandaniels
Dabbler

Hi, really appreciate you getting back to me, this matter never did what it does until recently and it happens all the time now, really frustrating when i'm reading my e-mails and then they just disappear, any ideas for a solution?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

You could try deleting the email account on the android and reconfigure it.

Also check for updates to the application.

Just to be clear, in your original post you said disappear and reappear.  In the last post you said disappeared whilst reading.  I read the original post as inferring the SAME email - that could be a dangerous presumption!!

An email disappearing and the same email reappearing sounds typical of IMAP sync issues, where the clinet gets confused about which emails it has sync'd so it redoes the whole lot again, and again, and again.

However, an email disappearing whilst being read sounds more like there is another device looking at the same mailbox using POP3, but not configured to leave mail on the server.

Accessing email from several devices, not all of them being configured as IMAP, is asking for trouble and chaos. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

iandaniels
Dabbler

Hi,

You're 100% correct that it's a IMAP set up, all my devises are set up this way, is there another app that I could use instead?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Any email client will do the job. There are a few you can choose from. Outlook, gmail, possibly thunderbird on android?

iandaniels
Dabbler

Very much appreciated, thank you

iandaniels
Dabbler

Morning, would you know what the incoming and outgoings settings are so that I can check, please?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248