cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct transfer of emails from PlusNet Webmail to Gmail?

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Direct transfer of emails from PlusNet Webmail to Gmail?

No idea, don't use it as I said. You could always check the webmail if you are missing something
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: drj
I was meaning the PlusNet Spam box - which would trap things before they get transferred to Gmail, wouldn't it?

Yes, it would. You can view the Plusnet Spam folder using an IMAP client, but Gmail will only allow remote POP3 collection. Having said that, you could change your spam preferences to deliver spam to a dedicated Plusnet mailbox and have GMail poll that too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

DamBuilder
Grafter

drj - It's a pity you can't get used to gmail. I used to hate it but having spent some time setting it up properly it's now the only thing I use. I have a couple of domains (and a three other sources) all sending email to one gmail account where it's filtered accordingly. Once there I can respond as if I'm emailing directly from each domain etc as I'm using authenticated smtp so can supply any "reply to" address that I want. I have it set to "Reply from the same address to which the message was sent" and have "Send mail as:" set up for each domain etc. Works for me.
Anyway good luck with your problem.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks - I have got as far as setting it up to be able to send using my domain names. I just find the whole experience too cluttered and awkward to use. PlusNet webmail is pretty simple and really easy to use. Gmail is also slow - it's been locked up while I've been writing this response (says "Still working..." at the top) - don't know why.
I suspect long term however that I might gravitate towards Gmail especially if I leave PlusNet.