cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I get e-mail address with my new plusnet sign up?

ekimrob
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Did I get e-mail address with my new plusnet sign up?

When joining plusnet I seem to recall something about saying i wanted communication though my current e-mail address (gmail one),.I've seen an option in "account set up" about getting an email address but it says @mydomain.com ..... not plusnet.com , so i'm wondering - did i get  automatically get a plusnet address on signup and where do i get the details etc? I've gone to webmail and tried my account name and pwd .... but they failed. I have seen the help links on email, but they don't really tell me what my start point is ... or indeed if i have one.

2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Did I get e-mail address with my new plusnet sign up?

You can have an email address (in fact several) but they need to be set up first. Note that customer addresses are like something@youraccountname.plus.com where something is a name you choose.

To set up your first email address, log into the Member Centre then go to Email Settings in the left hand menu and click Manage My Mail on the page. You should now be asked to enter the mailbox name which replaces something in the address pattern above. For example if you entered henry the default email address would be henry@youraccountname.plus.com.

Follow the instructions to get the system to set this up.

When set up is complete henry@youraccountname.plus.com will be the email address but you access it through webmail or an email program with youraccountname as username, and your account password as password.

Once set up is complete the process for creating additional mailboxes, for example claudia@youraccountname.plus.com , requires a visit to Manage My Mail, but this time you will already have a default mailbox. The pages displayed prompt for what is needed but additional mailboxes have their own username and password. This username will be youraccountname+claudia

Hope this helps.

David
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Did I get e-mail address with my new plusnet sign up?

Hello @ekimrob

Just to add, if you create a Plusnet email address it can take up to 4 hours to become active.

But, yeah @spraxyt's reply was spot on. Thumbs_Up

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button