cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delisting Mailserver

JFO

Delisting Mailserver

Hi
It transpires that my son's mailservers have been blocked by plusnet, the reason given by plusnet being: "IP address of server blocked in our Intrusion Detection System after a platform attack was seen"
I appreciate that this happens. However plusnet are really dragging their feet to get it resolved, whereas my son's mailserver tech team have done everything plusnet have asked. My son logged the problem with his tech team on 7 Jan, and once it was establised by his team that plusnet were rejecting his mail (plus my mail sent to him) I logged a ticket with plusnet on 19 Jan - almost 4 weeks ago now.
If any plusnet staff are reading this my ticket is 118363653 - please could you see what the delay is?
Thanks
JFO
4 REPLIES 4
JFO

Re: Delisting Mailserver

Hi again
Does anyone out there know if it is usual for plusnet to take so long sorting out this type of problem? I have to keep chasing the ticket, and I last heard from plusnet on 10 Feb (hence posting on this forum).
It would make sense if my son's team were being awkward, but as far as I can tell they have done everything requested of plusnet. I suppose they could argue it is 'security'....
All thoughts/suggestions gratefully received.
JFO
JFO

Any staff on the forum from Plusnet who can tell me why this is taking so long to resolve?
Has anyone else had similar issues getting a mailserver off the Plusnet blacklist? If you were successful what did you do? Is 4 weeks unreasonable - not that it has been sorted yet?
Thanks in advance!
JFO
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I'll give somebody a nudge.
It's not a commonly encountered issue as the blocking is being done by an intrusion detection engine rather than our anti-spam or mail server software.
Apologies it's taking so long.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

JFO

Hi Bob
Thanks for the 'nudge' - your network chaps have now taken the block off my son's mailserver. If it happens again hopefully it will get a speedier resolution.
All the best
JFO