cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting multiple emails at the same time

chrispbacon

Deleting multiple emails at the same time

Using the new email platform, how do I delete lots of emails from my inbox list at one time? (At present I only know how to delete them one at a time - by highlighting the email in the list, then clicking  delete). Presumably I have to highlight several at the same time, but how?
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Deleting multiple emails at the same time

You can use the standard Windows method of holding the shift key down while clicking the first and last of a range, or hold CTRL down and click selected emails.
You might find http://www.plus.net/support/email/webmail-roundcube.shtml useful!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispbacon

Thanks! Both methods work. So easy when you know how, so frustrating for an oldie like me when you don't. Have a good weekend.
andycamb

Does anybody know how to do this multiple deleting and selecting on android?

Thanks

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

That's not going to be easy. Probably better to use a standalone Android mail app to manage your mail.

If it's all email in a folder, or all mail on a 'page' that you're wanting to select then you can use these buttons to select the messages:

select-mail.jpg

Failing that, it might be easier using the Basic Webmail interface (it has tick boxes).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

andycamb

Thanks for the reply Bob but I meant sometime you look at a page of emails and there are one or two that you want to keep.

In the madasafsh interface, you could select them all and untick the couple you wanted to keep and delete the rest.

Tried to login to the basic email link you left but it doesn't recognise my details.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

A similar de-selection process is available with Plusnet webmail. After selecting all the messages you can de-select some of them by holding down the Ctrl key whilst clicking messages to be de-selected. That removes the pink highlight on the clicked message.

It is also possible to achieve this by Ctrl-clicking to select messages to be kept, then clicking the Invert selection button below the message list. This is the fourth button from the left with diagonal; black and white shading.

WMselectOps.png

The function of all these buttons is explained on the image.

David
andycamb

Thanks for that info David.. I will give it a try😊