cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting an email goes back to listing rather than next email.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Deleting an email goes back to listing rather than next email.

I haven't seen this covered anywhere before. This relates to RoundCube.
I have my settings on "Show Pictures" in case that's relevant
When double-clicking on an email from the inbox listing I see the that email. If I then hit "Delete" I usually then see the next email as I'd expect. However occasionally - about once every 5 to 10 emails - instead of seeing the next email, I'm returned to the inbox listing and have to double-click to open the next email.
I thought of two reasons why this might be happening but neither seems to consistently apply:
1. It could be that the page hadn't fully loaded before I pressed delete - however sometimes it goes back to the listing after the email's been open some time.
2. It could be I'd previously either deleted or Spam reported an email directly from the listing meaning the remainder weren't consecutive. However again this doesn't always seem to apply.
Any ideas please?
10 REPLIES 10
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Deleting an email goes back to listing rather than next email.

I've just tried mine and it takes me back to the listing. I imagine that's how it was built. Smiley
kmilburn
Grafter

To get the main behaviour (moving to next mail on delete),  you need to change the appropriate option in the Personal Settings;
      Displaying Messages:  After message delete/move display the next message
drj
Aspiring Pro

Thank you for the clarification as to the setting required to initiate this - I can't remember changing it though must have done a while ago. Last night after posting this topic it happened after 10 deletions.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've just tried this (moved a load of items back from deleted so I could try deleting them again) and it went back to the inbox after 12 deletes.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
drj
Aspiring Pro

Update - my original suggestion this happened between 5 and 10 reads is not accurate. This evening it went back to the listing after 15 emails had been deleted.
Furthermore I'm pretty sure that when I tried it on Friday (using my laptop rather than my main machine) a possibly connected issue arose. I had read about 8-10 emails and it displayed the next one as being one I'd already read - but when I went back to the index it had missed to display five emails of the ones I'd been deleting - they were still in the inbox unread.
The emails in question are eBay notification ones though I don't think the subject matter is relevant - and I'm using XPSP3/FF12.0 on both machines.
drj
Aspiring Pro

... and again tonight deleting an email went back to the listing rather than the next email twice - the first time after 5 deletions, the second time after 11 more.
drj
Aspiring Pro

Tonight I tried deleting emails as soon as I'd read them without waiting for the whole screen to refresh itself. It erroneously went back to the listing four times - after 4, 3, 7, and 3 emails respectively. So clearly the time factor is potentially the issue here though I'm sure it's happened previously after a longer pause which should have given time for the page to fully load.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Been searching on the bug tracker for roundcube and can't see anything about this - it's at http://trac.roundcube.net/ if anyone else fancies having a look. Having said that with the information being collected here it might be worth raising a new ticket.
tyke

Could it be that it returns to the inbox after you've deleted the last message (of 40) in the listing pane?
drj
Aspiring Pro

Thanks - but it's definitely not that.