Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted emails

FIXED
Janethepain

Deleted emails

Hi

I couldn't access my emails this morning & when I called Plusnet, they said I needed to delete some emails as it couldn't handle it.

I eventually managed to access them and immediately started to delete messages no longer needed. 

Being a slow process, I thought I'd do it faster by deleting old emails first by starting at the oldest ones. 

I selected "all" and pressed delete assuming that just the few in that pane would be deleted, but to my horror, EVERY email had been deleted.

There are some extremely important emails that I don't want to lose. I was hoping to keep the one's from this year at least.

Is there any way possible to retrieve some of them? I've looked at some answers to this problem and I don't really understand them.

Can anyone explain in a simple way.

Jane

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: Deleted emails

First question - Have you looked in the trash folder?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Janethepain

Yes. Totally empty

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

In that case they might be lost. Sometimes Plusnet can be persuaded to do a restore from a back up but it’s not something those backups are really there for.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Fix

With a kind ask to someone in the know,,,

"I've restored their inbox as of midday yesterday. It doesn't look like any of the other folders were touched.

I'm not sure why they were advised to delete some emails, as the mailbox is significantly under the FUP figure, even after the emails have been put back."

Maybe you also cleared out the trash folder?  I trust that the sent folder is fine?

Janethepain

That's brilliant, thank you so much.

There's a load of junk but I needed a very small portion of it.

Plusnet advised that I had too many emails and that it was slowing down my access to them and that I should delete the majority.

None of my other folders were affected.

The trash (Deleted) folder is totally empty. Pressing delete doesn't send anything there, it just goes. That may be a setting I need to look at.

Anyway, I am very thankful for the restoring of my emails.

This time I'll be more careful how I go about getting rid of things.

Jane

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Ah - slow email = too many emails.

That is poor advice. There is a known issue with the Roundcube Webmail interface when the sort sequence is not the default of ‘none’ which results in slow page loading. See the topic at the top of the email board.

You do not have ‘too many’ until you receive fair usage policy warnings at 750MB.