cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted emails keep coming back - in their thousands!

smhg67
Hooked

Deleted emails keep coming back - in their thousands!

Using Windows Live mail, and today thousands of old deleted emails have decided to download - 6000+ so far.  They're also showing in webmail so don't think it's a WLM fault - any suggestions please? Thanks

NB I have 2 email accounts set up with Plusnet but it's only happening with one account at the moment

4 REPLIES 4
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Deleted emails keep coming back - in their thousands!

Windows Live Mail has a setting to keep a copy of your messages on the server. This can be turned off if you go into the settings options in the top left corner of WLM. I've stopped using WLM myself as Microsoft ended support for it at the beginning of January 2017 so you won't receive any security updates. Personally I'd recommend finding a new email client, there's plenty to choose from. Some are free, some cost money, the choice is yours.

I'm using Windows 10 Mail which although some people here will scoff at it happens to be a very good program in my experience.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@smhg67

Thanks for the thumbs up, did it solve your problem?

smhg67
Hooked

I think so, seem to have stopped downloading anyway - just 2k left to delete - apart from the few I'd already decided to save

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

That's great news! Lets hope it stays fixed. Wink

BTW it would be great if you can mark this post as fixed, it might help others with the same problem. 

Thanks Thumbs_Up