Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Emails keep re-appearing

FIXED
Mgnl1983
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Deleted Emails keep re-appearing

Hello,  I`ve deleted many emails from my sent folder over the last couple of days,  in a bid to keep my folder size down,  but they keep re-appearing back in my sent folder.  I deleted them both from my email client (which is just standard windows 8 ),  and I've also deleted them through webmail.   I have deleted the same emails from August 2018, Two days on the trot, but they are still showing.

I have experienced this issue in the past, and I do remember seeing a thread, where someone else was experiencing the same issue. 

I just don`t want to end up with all my emails being archived due to exceeding my limit.

Any Ideas????

17 REPLIES 17
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Deleted Emails keep re-appearing

Fix

Hi @Mgnl1983,

Please accept my apologies for the issue in deleting mail.

I have refreshed background settings for your mailbox and this will take effect immediately, it won't have any negative effects on the mailbox. Could you try deleting the emails again?

If the mail is still reappearing after deletion, click on 'Folder actions' in the bottom left of webmail then click 'Compact'. (You will need to do this for each folder in webmail including deleted items.)

While deleting items from webmail, it would also be worth not have your mail client open or syncing just to rule out the client causing the issue.

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Mgnl1983
Rising Star

Hello Jubby, For the moment, that seems to have fixed the issue Smiley   I will check again tomorrow to make sure that emails have remained deleted, and if so I will click the Fixed button.  Thank you very much for looking into this issue so quickly, it's much appreciated 🐵

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

Hello Jubby, Yes this definitely has resolved the issue I had. Thank you very much for your assistance 🐵
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Mgnl1983,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I'm glad to hear that the actions that @Jubby has taken have resolved this issue for you.

Please let us know if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
lk

I have a similar problem  except my deleted emails in my 'Inbox' keep re-appearing. I constantly delete them and they just return. I am running Windows 10.

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

Hello lk,  As you will see above, a member of the Plusnet Team assisted me with this problem (although I have experienced the same problem since then).   I have found that it is better to delete the messages via. Webmail (ie. directly through the plusnet site) rather than through my email client. I don`t seem to get the same problem that way.

lk

Thank you for your response. I did this yesterday as having deleted 100 emails, with minutes they returned. However I was hoping for better solution as it is annoying having to delete emails in 2 places. I do delete emails through webmail but not on a regular basis. Here's hoping that Plusnet Support can come up with something more permanent. 

Thanks again.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @lk

I've popped a config, refresh on your mailbox to see if that makes any difference (it might take a couple of hours to take effect). Can you check and let us know. 

@Mgnl1983,

Are you still having problems? If so then we might need to investigate further. When you delete them off webmail does that resolve the issue completely, as in remove them from your client? If so does it could be if you're set up with IMAP on your client and it's not removing them from the mail server and then re-downloading them. 

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

Hello Jolo,  It is intermittent really, most times deleting emails works straight away.  The problem sometimes appears when I have a purge of deleting large quantities of emails, only to find that they all re-appear the next time I go back.

It is much easier for me to delete emails through my mail client, as I can read the message before I delete it.  On webmail I have to click the message first to view it, and then decide whether to delete it.  You are correct about my emails, they are setup on imap.   I will continue as I`m going, and if I have any further problems I will notify you again.

Many Thanks for your assistance. 

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

I have had similar experience today. A message deleted from the email client  goes to the trash folder and disappears from Inbox, only to reappear. If I wait a few minutes it disappears again.

Coincidentally, I have noticed on this and previous occasions when I have seen this happen, that Webmail is working slowly and takes a while to refresh.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
lk

Sorry that hasn't worked. 

If I delete them off webmail then delete them from the client they do not re-appear. Although this works I would rather only have to delete them once, from the client. 

Thanks

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @Ik,

Just to double-check have you got IMAP settings? If so this is what would happen, as your emails download in the web-mail & the client. If you delete the emails in one place it wouldn't delete it elsewhere I'm afraid.

Thanks.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Mads

Can you please explain that answer?.

I thought that any and all devices using IMAP to the same mailbox should see the same view of emails as does webmail. Delete in webmail and it’s gone in all IMAP clients connected to that mailbox ... unless the other IMAP client has connectivity issues ... but if that were the case the user would be seeing other issues too.

If this was a case of a POP3 email client and webmail then I can see that given the right circumstances the answer given might be appropriate, but as it is, it confuses me.

@JW

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lk

Thank you for your response.

Yes I have got IMAP settings. When I delete emails on my client I would not expect them to delete in webmail. I also have another pc running under XP using IMAP settings and when I delete emails from there it does not deleted them from webmail and they do not keep re-appearing.