Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Emails keep coming back

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Deleted Emails keep coming back

I am now using Bluemail on the phone. So far so good.
I think the stock email client was overwelmed by the size of the deleted folder and the slowness of the plusnet mail system. It worked ok for a month.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've just tried downloading Bluemail. It doesn't seem to have an option to subscribe to other folders that are on the server - am I missing something?

Edit: Looks like I can only open them them and it only synchronises when opened. Sad

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
cjags
Aspiring Pro

Under folders management i have a folders sync option but it is greyed out. There is a bluemail.help website
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I looked at the help - the folder sync seems to be for Exchange.

https://bluemail.help/navigate-between-folders/

bigtench
Grafter

Im having this issue too. In outlook on PC deleted emails just become 'strikethrough' until folder is refreshed. On my phone deleted mails just come back.

This exact same issue happened a couple of months ago and was fixed by a rollback of some code at the plusnet server end. Looks like the bug has been reintroduced!!

greenofashbourn
Grafter

I'm wondering if we've had same problem or if ours is linked to archiving.

• Our total email was over its size limit and (due to PN not telling us!) my wife's mailbox got archived on Saturday 17th.
  • It was un-archived last weekend to allow us to deal with it (emails reappeared in her mailbox on Sunday 18th).
  • My wife spent a few hours saving important attachments off emails and deleting the emails on Tuesday/Wednesday last week (20th/21st)
  • Her mailbox size was down to about 200MB according to Outlook (including subfolders).
  • On Thursday (22nd) we received a message saying the mailbox had been unarchived.
  • Looked today and hers is back to 400MB and loads of old emails have reappeared!

As far as I can see, there are two possibilities:

1) The un-archiving was done twice - once on 18th and again on 22nd March, thus undoing the deletion work my wife had done!

2) The deletion didn't work properly somehow - linked to the problem others have mentioned.

I tried phoning PN support, but they didn't know and couldn't even tell me the total size of all our mailboxes.

Any ideas? And do you think this means my wife needs to go through deleting emails again? She'll be jolly pleased!

Cheers for any advice.

cjags
Aspiring Pro

@jelv

Found Bluemail website at https://bluemail.me

They have a support email address.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

@cjags I'm sticking with Aquamail which works and subscribes to folders.

colbee
Dabbler

Plusnet,

I have been having this problem since the initial post was made (and I also had this problem the last time when the "roll back" which was referenced earlier in this thread cured the issue.

I've been in contact with support who say nothing then can do as it's and issue with my phone - which to be fair despite me pointing out this thread where many people have had the issues at the same time - was not especially helpful.

Will there be a resolution to this problem or will it just be ignored ?

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

We're trying to work out what's happening here.

@colbee Are you able to reproduce the issue regularly?  If so, can you provide us with a date and time of when you deleted the email and when it reappeared?  This may help us work out why it's happening.

(This is issue IMT-388 btw)

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
jelv
Seasoned Hero

@Kelly

When I've had this problem with another email provider it has been down to corrupted indexes so when the user sees the problem of deleted emails reappearing it may be some time after the event that caused the corruption. In that case when they see the problem is irrelevant and will tell you nothing (an implication of this is that for people who were seeing the problem before the roll-back may still see the problem after the roll-back). What you should be asking of people who are currently seeing the issue is when did it start and when did you last successfully delete emails and then look at all that has happened in-between.

I believe you have email servers in multiple locations and it is random which one a user will connect to and an email client may not be using the same server as webmail. Is it possible that although the contents of the mail box are kept in sync the indexes on one of the servers is corrupted which might explain the confusing inconsistency you are seeing?

I've suggested a few times that people try compacting the folders using webmail or their email client and this seems to have worked for some - it seems this can force a rebuild of the index.

Kelly
Hero

Our layout is a bit different to that.   Even if you connected to different mailservers (mailcs) you're still seeing the same mailbox and files on storage.  I don't believe the mailc's store their own indexes like that.  I'm talking to people internally about it.

Kelly Dorset
colbee
Dabbler

Hello
They come back almost immediately. I do see a copy in my phones recycle bin and end up with multiple copies of the deleted email. As I say this is at the same time.other users reported it and is what drew me to the forums. Using webmail I can delete the email and when I read sync my phone it has gone .
Kelly
Hero

Next time you do a delete, note the date and time of when you did it and let us know.

Kelly Dorset
colbee
Dabbler

Today 12th April 20:33