cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default mailbox

Kirkleajon

Default mailbox

Anyone know how to close the default mailbox. I am receiving so much garbage I have decided to change my address, which I can do easily but I want to close my default address.
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Default mailbox

I am not sure whether you can close it but in my case it is username@username.plus.com and I never use it
This means that I never collect mail from it
You can change the email address which Plusnet use to contact you and you can change the catch all address
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Default mailbox

Kirkleajon,
Welcome to the forums.
If you are about to "start again" with you email addresses, here is a useful tip for you.
1. Set up PERSONAL email addresses / boxes for real communication with people you trust
2. To any organisation you need an email address for, give them an email address like theirname@youraccount.plus.com
All of the theirname@ emails will go to the CATCH-ALL mailbox.  If any organisation 'shares' your email address, you will know who and can then act accordingly.  If you start getting real garbage, then you can redirect that email address to the black hole.
I've been doing this for years and has protected my personal email address from abuse by external agencies.  I 'subscribed' to "Product Testers" and the email address I used for them is being spammed by sex workers (well that's what I guess all the women wanting to know me better are about) - it will soon be black-holed - problem dealt with!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.