cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer transactional emails being bounced after many years of good service

ebid

Customer transactional emails being bounced after many years of good service

Hi,

Many customers of ours are not receiving our emails sent from our new mail server. This is very problematic as they are not being notified of sales and purchases made on eBid.

They have been receiving them for many, many years just fone but it looks like our recent change of mail servers has broken things and put restrictions on our domain. SPF, DKIM and DMARC records are all in order.

I can supply old and new IP addresses if I am able to direct message someone at Plusnet please.

Example

Sep 21 16:32:10 ebid27 postfix/smtp[7405]: D4B703F6A8: to=<xxx@xxxx.plus.com>, relay=mx.avasin.plus.net[212.159.8.200]:25, delay=2.3, delays=0.07/0/2.1/0.13, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host mx.avasin.plus.net[212.159.8.200] said: 552 Spam Message Rejected  (in reply to end of DATA command))

Many Thanks,

eBid.net

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

3 REPLIES 3
ebid

Re: Customer transactional emails being bounced after many years of good service

Is anyone able to help please. We have contacted your postmaster but had no reply.

Thanks,

Gary 

eBid.net

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Customer transactional emails being bounced after many years of good service

The rejection message suggests it's something in the content of the email that our servers might be taking a dislike to. If you can message me the IP's of your MTA's and the full content of one of the affected emails, then I'll take a look.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Tony41

This situation Still applies to me. I have been with Plusnet for a very long time. I have also been with eBid for a very long time. Since September some email from eBid have not been delivered. For example, one day I had four messages delivered but a further nine were not delivered but were sent at the same time.

Can anyone help, please?