cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cuba solidarity campaign website

picturevalve
Dabbler

Cuba solidarity campaign website

I tried to send a friend a link to a meeting in Oxford by a Canadian author about Trump and Cuba, this is the link : https://cuba-solidarity.org.uk/events/222/oxford-cuba-us-relations-back-to-the-future-with-donald-tr... I got an error message, I presume from the plusnet server, : An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: OLJhfoOm6Et9nOLJifY7RJ message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP support team.. Please check the message and try again. Tech. support suggested I report this here and get the site whitelisted. Please do so. I would like to know exactly why the site has been blacklisted?
20 REPLIES 20
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Cuba solidarity campaign website

Hi @picturevalve and welcome to the forums, I'm really sorry that you've experienced this issue it looks like we were blocking that link. I've now unblocked it and you should be able to forward it to your friend.

If there's anything else we can help with please just let us know.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
picturevalve
Dabbler

Unfortunately no. : An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: OMsrfodMkEt9nOMstfYB6L message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP support team.. Please check the message and try again.
picturevalve
Dabbler

The problem is still there. Why is this site blacklisted?

JonoH
Hero

Well that's disappointing, sorry about that. we've submitted the URL again to remove the spam flagging but after trying to send it myself it's not worked again.

I've raised a task to get this looked at but to set your expectations correctly it's unlikely to be resolved in the next couple of days. Sorry about that.

Jono H
JonoH
Hero

there's a whole host of reasons why this can happen but unfortunately I can't tell what's caused it.

Jono H
picturevalve
Dabbler

The trigger words are probably Trump and Cuba, so I don't suppose it takes a great deal of effort to understand a blacklisting, but why in Britain? This is not America. Does plusnet have American servers?

JonoH
Hero

I'm sure that's not the problem, there are loads of pages using the words Trump and or Cuba like this one https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/opinion/trump-cuba.html and this one will send fine.

Jono H
picturevalve
Dabbler

https://cuba-solidarity.org.uk/

It's the above portion of the message that is being blocked. Please investigate.

picturevalve
Dabbler

cuba-solidarity.org.uk/

Even the above gets blocked.

picturevalve
Dabbler

This : cuba-solidarity.org.uk/ is still being blocked. Is there a good reason for this?
JonoH
Hero

As I've said, its unlikely to be resolved in the next few days as the standard process of removing it from the exclude list hasn't worked.

Jono H
picturevalve
Dabbler

Does plusnet have American servers for email?
JonoH
Hero

I appreciate that you're trying to ask if we are censoring your content because that particular page is about Cuba, I can assure you we're not, and you're able to access and share many references to Cuba and to President Trump as long as they're legal to access in this country.

This page has been flagged as a potential spam/virus source from Cloudmark Global Threat Network and we're trying to remove it from their list.

Jono H
JonoH
Hero

This should now work.

Can you let me know if it's been successful?

Jono H