cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new mailbox, not working for me

christmas
Aspiring Pro

Creating a new mailbox, not working for me

My current email provider is shutting up shop, so I've been trying to add a new mailbox address on plusnet using my name, without success.

Currently I have the default mailbox 'username@username.plus.com'

The text guidance states to use the following to set up a new mailbox, "username+newname@username.plus.com."

Online the setup window states, "newname@username.plus.com"

I've tried all sorts of combinations and nothing seems to work, the system whirrs away then displays the blank set up page again.

I need to add 2 new mailboxes with different passwords, but all I've got is the default mailbox. Is the fault with me or elsewhere? 

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Creating a new mailbox, not working for me

I think you're confusing the mailbox username i.e the username+newname with the mailbox name i.e newname

This might help https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-use-plusnet-email/#whats-a-mailbox

Basically you need to go to Manage My Mail in your Member centre and Add New Mailbox , enter the new mailbox name i.e newname and a password . Then in your email client use the mailbox username format above as the username and the password your sepcified to collect email.

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

christmas
Aspiring Pro

Re: Creating a new mailbox, not working for me

Thank you for the rapid response....have managed to create a new mailbox.

Only needed to enter the 'newname' without the "@username.plus.com"

Have managed to send & receive emails on the new account to my email software, now need to work out how to delete received emails on the PlusNet server.