cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a mailbox other than the default

dapple

Creating a mailbox other than the default

Can I have another mailbox eg ...@extra.plus.com as well as the one I began with eg. ...@original.plus.com ?
8 REPLIES 8
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Creating a mailbox other than the default

Unfortunately it would always be @username.plus.com/@yourdomain.co.uk
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Just in case you are not understanding how this works, you can create additional mailboxes such as anyname@youraccount.plus.com
As Harry says the bit to the right of @ never changes - it's 'your' domain name.
For more details log into the member centre and choose email settings from the links on the left.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for the input, but OP currently has a few different mailboxes on their account like that Wink
Sorry, didn't think to mention that in my previous reply.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Cheers Harry,
In which case, may be the answer is to purchase a domain name from wherever (e.g. just The Name or LCN.com) and have PlusNet host that.  You can then have your email sent to yourmailbox@yourdomain.co.uk which will 'arrive' in yourmailbox@youraccount.plus.com
...or if you told us what you want to achieve / why we might be able to assist you with alternative advice.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dapple

Thanks for your replies.
OK, so, I can't have another such as ...@extra.plus.com.
Can I have a second set through Plusnet if I already have my own domain name eg mysite.co.uk but not hosted by Plusnet, using this as an email extension ...@mysite.co.uk ? 
The information in the 'setup emails' seems to suggest this may be possible.
Or maybe I can get an email address through my site host - I haven't explored that ?  And then add this an extra account through Outlook.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I have a site hosted with 123-reg. Email to the site is redirected on my 123 account to my Plusnet account where my Outlook retrieves it.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: dapple
Thanks for your replies.
Can I have a second set through Plusnet if I already have my own domain name eg mysite.co.uk but not hosted by Plusnet, using this as an email extension ...@mysite.co.uk ?  

Can you forward these emails to your PN email address - or alternatively use a email program such as Thunderbird to get emails from both PN and @mysite.co.uk
https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/
dapple

Thanks for all your responses.
When I get home and have access to my password for my website host I will check out whether I can set up an email from there.