cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Plusnet e-mail through a Samsung tablet (g-mail)

knapton14

Connecting to Plusnet e-mail through a Samsung tablet (g-mail)

Having problems setting up my new Plusnet mail on my Galaxy Tab3. Followed the set-up guide for Android tablets but am getting an authentication error when keying in the SMTP server. Any help appreciated. KK.
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Connecting to Plusnet e-mail through a Samsung tablet (g-mail)

If it's a new Plusnet account ( which I suspect it is from your post count of 1! ) then your account may not quite be configured completely yet for SMTP authentication. For the time being try unchecking the 'Require sign-in' box on the smtp server setup screen. It will work fine in this mode when you are connected via wifi to your PlusNet router ( you're connected to the Plusnet network ) but not when connected to another network e.g a public wifi.   

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

knapton14

Cheers Mr W - you're a top chap. Works fine. Will amend when new router is connected.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Will amend when new router is connected
I'm not quite sure I understand that ? Is your PlusNet connection not active yet ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.