cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting POP 3 email not

SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

Re: Collecting POP 3 email not

You must be using an old version of Outlook @SkylineUK_Dup, The Tools menu was dropped in Outlook 2010.

Yes, I'm on Office 2007 and don't know how best to update that and Outlook.  The MS Office update to 2016 doesn't include Outlook.

Billaboard
Dabbler

@mapron wrote:

same problem. Again. I contacted PlusNet Chat and they said the issue was connecting with Microsoft email clients. They asked if I could get webmail and when I said 'yes' they said that that proved that their email service was fine! They really did me proud!

I think that is nonsense. I'm using Turnpike, which as far as I know is not a Microsoft email client, and I have been seeing connection failures for ages now. For some reason, I always seem to be getting the broken 212.159.9.81 server, so the DNS random load spreading seems not to be working either.

I don't really want to have to faff around at my end selecting individual servers.

SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

I always give a wry grimace when the Plusnet ads come on the TV.  You'd think they'd be smart enough to know that for a company to over-promise and under-deliver is the sure road to trouble...

bludgeoner

Thanks i had used 212.159.8.82 doh..... altered it to 212.159.8.81 and it's working.

Thanks for the feedback.

Billaboard
Dabbler

After saying I wouldn't mess around, I've been into Turnpike and added the .8.81 address as a second source of email. Still getting the failure when it tries to talk to the mail.plus.net address, though.

It's very poor that nothing is mentioned in the status area, though.

vaper
Grafter
Fixes: 1

So the current "fix" is that it's a fault on everything else but definitely not PlusNet. Angry

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I think it might be fixed. I just downloaded my email into MailWasherPro with the original settings.

Annie
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

Same here, works now with mail.plus.net.

Anyone at PlusNet care to own up?

Knuppel 

vaper
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I think I might be inclined to be guided by the history of this one and wait a while before declaring this one "fixed".

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

The log says mine has fixed itself just after 15:00. Been having lots of  timeout failures since yesterday evening. 

Shack

I've had to switch off AVG email protection to avoid this issue.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Locked in favour of https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Cannot-connect-to-mail-plus-net-POP-from-PC-outlook-2010/m-p/148...

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still