cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting POP 3 email not

Charles101
Grafter

Collecting POP 3 email not

An error occurred with the POP3 mail server. Mail server mail.plus.net responded:

The same error seems to have been reported by a number of users about a month ago. Mine has been fine up till today, can still seemingly send just not collect. Can it be looked into.

41 REPLIES 41
Anneyc
Dabbler

Re: Collecting POP 3 email not

Also experiencing connection error this afternoon- changed mail server address to 212.159.9.81 a few weeks ago as suggested on forum, which helped previous issues. Now same problem, changed address back to pop3.plus.net but still not working. Any advice?

michael888

I'm having exactly the same problem. I contacted Plusnet by phone but they said they were not aware of any problems with the POP3 service. However I pointed out recent posts to this forum and they will send an email to the appropriate department to investigate...........

Anneyc
Dabbler

Yes, I have just spoken to PlusNet who can't find any issues and have forwarded the complaint to the 'email team'. Should hear back within 24hrs.

Interestingly, I have changed my incoming server address back from the 212.159.9.81 address (which I changed to a few months ago when there were similar problems) to the pop3 address, and mine is now working... but hubby's still isn't....

galeforce1

Same here as well, it happened on Monday too, but started working again after a while, but I haven't been able to log into my mail at all so far today. This is getting to be a real pain.

mark-cardiff

I am getting the same error when trying to pop mail down to my PC.

Webmail is working as I had to verify my registration to this forum before I could post that my email is not working! lol

Farce eh. This has been working most of the day I am sure.

No mention of it on the service status page 😞

clownfish
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Same here.  Same error message.  Never done it before.  

vaper
Grafter

I've been using the 212.159.9.81 server for about a month now but neither that nor the relay.plus.net server have been working all day today.

I'm currently using webmail but for how long is anyone's guess. Is POP3 on Plusnet ever going to work again, I wonder.

This is getting a bit annoying now.

iwrconsultancy
Dabbler

It seems like 212.159.9.81 is down.

212.159.8.81 is responding, but slowly.

Uncle_Tupelo
Rising Star

Me too. Email works on my phone, but on my PC, I'm getting  "An error occurred with the POP3 mail server. Mail server mail.plus.net responded: [blank] [OK]". It worked fine last night and I've never seen this before.

iwrconsultancy
Dabbler

Try 212.159.8.81 in place of mail. plus.net as a temporary solution.

Problem started around 3pm today.

Uncle_Tupelo
Rising Star

Just tried 212.159.8.81 and it worked. Cheers!

Anneyc
Dabbler

Spoke too soon- pop3 has stopped working now as of an hour ago- will try 212.159.8.81....

Anneyc
Dabbler

... Yep, that works 🙂

gaskelldave
Dabbler

I've had the same problem all day but only realised when I went onto webmail this evening to see if I'd any queued emails.  Lots in my inbox.   Have spent AGES trying to find out how to raise a support ticket - haven't had to raise one for a while and had forgotten but there now doesn't seem to be an option at all - unless I'm missing it.

Can someone help me by telling me how I raise support tickets nowadays or has that been withdrawn?

(I should add that I've just tried 212.159.8.81 instead of mail.plus.net and POP is working again but still would like to know how to raise a ticket)