Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chaos in the camp!

colintivy
Rising Star

Chaos in the camp!

Hi folks!

After a very reliable service using Firefox I have been clobbered by Yahoo overwriting Firefox and it was a time-wasting effort to get rid of Yahoo! Eventually I had to scrap Firefox and use Chrome to do anything. I will re-install FF which was right up to date (48.02) in due  course, but trying to use Chrome to keep in touch with Plus,net. I find that RC Webmail does not quite work well. It seems to take an age to load, sometimes timing out, or displaying the page but not loading the emails. Sometimes it is OK. All very disturbing. I must admit that my grey matter has let me down with valid usernames and/or passwords a bit, they were set up so many years ago!

I will now look at that now that I have got this far. Any words of comfort will be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
colintivy
Rising Star

Re: Chaos in the camp!

An Update Folks.

I seem to have got Firefox 48.02 working much better now after sorting out logins etc., I managed to evict Yahoo from various bits of Firefox with a lot of probing. I have not had such an imposition like Yahoo itself before and have not used it at all. Certainly all my emails are back to normal, which I was afraid might have happened having done a fresh installation of FF.

Thanks for reading.

colintivy
Rising Star

Re: Chaos in the camp!

Chaos is still in evidence! I have reinstalled Firefox in its current state and it is working well with everything except my doings with Tesco online order display. The Right-hand 1/3 vertical strip is still blank which is a nuisance. It has been said that the problem could be with some HTML code which Firefox is a bit fussy about updates. I can use Chrome to order quite well but I would prefer to use Firefox. I thought that the reloaded FF would have have been up to scratch because the other effects were working. It was only when I tried to order today that I found out that I had a problem. Any views out there?